Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TC Pro Hunter

kvschmid

Awhile back I posted a question on the TC Pro-Hunter which I ended up buying. I shot a doe with it last week and must admit it was kind of fun. I still have an archery tag to fill but my son will be using it this weekend as he is still after the elusive buck.

Has anyone actually bought rifle barrels for it? From what I can tell accuracy seems to be favorable by most reports but I am on the fence about spending $300 for a barrel when I could get a Tikka T3 for $500. On the otherhand, I could get a 243 barrel for coyote/deer and a 300 WM for deer/elk loads and have a bit more flexibility.

Is anyone happy with the PH when used as a rifle?

[ QUOTE ]
I still have an archery tag to fill but my son will be using it this weekend as he is still after the elusive buck.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly does that work? Got a transferrable tag or some sort?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still have an archery tag to fill but my son will be using it this weekend as he is still after the elusive buck.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was talking about the his son using the gun and him using the bow.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was talking about the his son using the gun and him using the bow.

The 'Bonker

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it all depends on what your definitions of "it" is.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are cigars involved? I read the whole transcript.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are cigars involved? I read the whole transcript.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I thought it was "What is "is"" I watched it on TV, could be wrong though. But I got your refernce.

The 'Bonker

My apologies, "it" means muzzleloader.

Back to the question - has anyone used a rifle barrel with one of these things? I'm thinking about getting one for the late doe season when we can't use our bows.

My father and I both have the original Encore. He has bought a few rifle barrels for it. They seem to work out fine. You need a new forearm and the scope stays with the barrel so it works out pretty slick as long as you don't mind a single shot rifle.

I have a .22/250 heavy barrel for mine and it shoots very well with factory ammo. I love the way the rifle feels but I have never been able to get the .50 cal muzzleloader barrel to shoot consistantly. I've tried it with over a dozen different load and bullet combinations. Even sent it back to T/C because of a stuck breech plug once and asked them to test shoot it. They were good to talk with and I have no complaints about their service but it still wont shoot to my satisfaction. I'm keeping it though and will be getting another rifle barrel for it.

Top Bottom