Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Camo has a good week

CamoMan

I've had this in the PMA forum for a few days, but wanted to share the bucks that my son, CamoKid, and I were fortunate enough to harvest. Last week, CamoKid had an early-out from school, and I was on vacation, so we hit the woods for an evening hunt. He chose the beanfield stand, and as expected, it was quiet until the last few minutes of daylight. This bruiser came in behind his stand, chasing a very large doe. The doe busted into the field and ran off, and the big buck stood within 15 yards while Taylor struggled to get positioned for a difficult shot. He made good on it, and the buck didn't go far. I got to the truck at dark, and received the good news call. I quickly drove across the field, and the celebration soon began ! The buck has a 19 inch inside spread, and 10 points, plus a few stickers around the bases. Despite the serious look, be assured that Taylor is very, very excited at this point. He is an absolute pleasure to be with, and I am honored to have him for a hunting buddy. If you are able to share the hunting experience with your kids . . do it !

477TaylorsBuck1-med.JPG

Two days later, I decided that his treestand still had potential, and climbed in. At 5:00, I spotted this buck coming through the woods, and was able to call him away from two does he was following. He came in to a combination of grunts, roars and bleats. When he stepped into the beanfield at almost 30 yards, I released the arrow, and he was soon mine. Granted, CamoKid's buck is the much bigger of the two, but no apologies for my buck. It has been 4 years since my last bow buck, and I was excited to have this deer. We've had a great season, several doe harvests, two nice bucks, and now we have some free time to go after a few pheasants. A personal note - If you're not a PMA member, you should consider joining. There are some bucks in there that will make you slobber. Plus, the stories are as entertaining as the photos.

477Kevin_Buck-1-med.JPG

congrats again. and ya there are def. some to slobber about in the pm. I just joined in oct. and I don't know why I didn't join along time ago. wow.

Way to go guy's, Very impressive. That deer is a brute Comokid! And yours is real nice too dad. My boy got one alot bigger than mine too! Isn't it great!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom