Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Kehoe Scores

Gladiator

PMA Member
Team Kehoe for OO is making a habit to get the first video buck of the season for us...and they don't seem to be getting any smaller...well, the kids do! :D

Congrats Ty!

As told from his older brother - enjoy!

Well it happened again for Team Kehoe early season!!! My little brother Ty (Age 9) was ready to go out and get a big one this year hunting. Last year shotgun hunting he shot his first deer, a 6 point buck, and ever since then he has been itching to get another one. We have been working hard all summer long with food plots, TSI, and we logged the timber in preparation for this upcoming year. This year I was actually able to get out and scout a little bit which helped me pin point what the deer were going to be doing youth season and that was... They were going to hit the BEANS :D

So we set up one of our blinds over the field (Which is the same field I shot my buck out of Oct 1st last year) and we were ready to go. My dad and Ty hunted last Sun, Mon, and Wed with no luck of seeing a shooter. Then Friday the rain came and a cold front was going through so Ty and I headed to the blind Friday night(Sept 21)! We saw 20+ bucks (all 2.5/3.5 year olds) but it was one incredible night and I knew saturday(Sept 22) was going to be the night! :lol: When we headed out to the blind the temps were in the mid 50's with a nice NW breeze. We got set up around 4:45 and at 5 we were shooting the interview and had 3 mature does and a fawn come out in the field. The worked to this chickory plot conjoined with the beans and eventually 10 does were in there total. Then at about 6 I see 2 bucks in the beans, one was a 2.5 year old 8 and the other a 3.5 year old 10. We watched them for a couple minutes and then I caught another rack/body in the beans and it was the big 12!!! I told Ty that there was a shooter in the field and he needed to get ready. He kept asking what deer it was and I didn't wanna tell him because I didn't want him to get to nervous. The buck was just working his way to an opening in the field real slow so I told Ty what buck it was and he was ready to go... and he steps out at 75 yards and I give a little noise to stop him and I tell Ty to take the shot!!! The buck hunches over and runs out of the field with his head down and tail up!!! Ty was as excited as could be and I knew he nailed it. We then went to look for blood and maybe find the deer.... Nothing. No blood anywhere. So we backed out for the night to watch the film. After reviewing the hit I could see he hit him real low heart after talking with Gladiator and a couple others (Nanny).

We then headed out the next morning (23rd) to find him with the help of my Uncle, Grandpa, and cousins (Dad and Mom were on vacation in Florida!!!) We found little droplets of blood here and there and finally after 200 yards of tracking we found him stuck in a hog panel fence in little creek bottom! Ty was so excited to find that deer and he was a stud!! Typical 6X6 that rough measured grossing between 165-170!!! We had encounters with him all last year, found one of his sheds, and Ty was going to shoot him youth season last year in the same food plot out of the same blind but got too nervous!!! Incredible how he gets a 2nd shot at the deer a year later to redeem himself!! It was an amazing deer, and amazing hunt, and an amazing way to start the year off!!!!! :D :D :D :D

PICT1169.jpg

DSC_0983_zps25bee97e.jpg

DSC_1001_zpsd092b108.jpg

Getting it out Kehoe style!!!
DSC_0936_zps3f7c8f96.jpg

Stuck in the fence
DSC_0932_zps1d4fc5f1.jpg

Here is where he hit him.... Very low but enough to get the job done!!
DSC_0937_zps630f53c5.jpg

Great story, even better buck, but the best is how happy Ty is!! it's awesome how things come full circle. great work! congrats to everyone involved!

Top Bottom