Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Old Balls on the board

6x6

PMA Member
I lucked out on a solid bird yesterday afternoon, to get our team started. I was almost to my blind, walking behind the fan, just in case. We do the same thing with the antelope decoy in Wyoming, when walking anywhere, payed off several times. 12 steps from the blind looking under the fan, I see 2 strutters 100 yds away, doing the angry bird march towards me. I dropped down, holding the fan up with one hand, trying to get my pack and binos off and get an arrow nocked, which was a total failure. They were still fanned, shoulder to shoulder marching to kill, drumming and spitting. At 29 yards I had to drop the fan to shoot one, as they dropped their fans with the Oh S--t face. 24 lbs, 10.5" beard 1.25" spurs Now I am gonna hold out for one of the old loner limbhanger birds.

Last week during youth season Corben put a muzzy tipped arrow thru a big tom's throat at 37 yards in the same little timbered clover plot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom