Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tebow Time?

Gladiator

PMA Member
Ok...not a debate on whether he's a good QB :thrwrck: .....just wanted to share some pics from a memorable game with my wife. :D

When my wife found out her "celebrity boyfriend" Tim Tebow and the Broncos were coming to Minnesota to play MY beloved Vikings, she asked if we could go. Seriously?? I mean, does a one-legged duck swim in circles?? Of course I jumped at the chance and immediately went to calling around for "decent" tickets. As I get older (mid 30's :D ) have learned, or am learning, to appreciate good players, role models, leaders, winners, and just good ol' fashioned great athletes. I am a huge Tim Tebow fan for who he is as a person and the way he always handles himself (matter of fact our 2nd son's name is Timothy "Jace"...).

So, the real question that went through my mind was "who was I going to root for?" all assuming we could get "decent" tickets. I am a Vike through and through, but losing could actually mean a better draft pick?? Despite only winning 2 games, they have had the lead at the end of the first half in all but 2-3 games...so our record is a little deceiving as to how 'decent' our team is. I decided in the occasion that good players do the right thing with the things they have been given, I would root against the Vikes if it was for the greater good...

Well, the quest for tickets was short as I called my roommate from college (who informed me of a guy who owed him a favor)...needless to say, we were going to be sitting in the corner of the endzone, on the field itself, with all-access passes...all for $70.00. Couldn't pass that up.

My wife and I, since having kids, have never been away from both kids together in 3 years, so we were pretty excited. We cut the drive short by staying in Albert Lea, not without a slow trip from the weather....wow, snow was terrible as it limited us to 30-40mph by Charles City.

We arrived at the stadium at 10:30 and went down to the field and immediately started taking pictures with my big lens (btw, since we had all-access passes, they let us take our good camera in....normally that doesn't happen). My wife informed me that Tim Tebow's parents were right in front of us...got a chance to meet and talk to his mom, which my wife thought was the bees knees...and John Elway walked right in front of us, Ruben Studdard sang the anthem, HOF Paul Moliter blew the Viking horn, and HOF Dave Winfield tossed the coin... Anyway, pictures are below....it was a great trip and very glad we had the opportunity. Only bad part was all of us, except my wife, got the flu that very night....poor woman was up all night between the 3 of us doing a LOT of 'cleaning'..... :eek: :eek:

Tebow
Tebow3.jpg

Tebow2.jpg

Tebow1.jpg

His Parents
Tebow-Mom-Dad.jpg

Shiancoe
Shiancoe.jpg

Percy Harvin
Harvin.jpg

John Elway
Elway.jpg

Jared Allen
Allen.jpg

Decker
Decker.jpg

Fox Sports
fox-sports.jpg

My wife and I disguised in Viking apparel...actually found ourselves on Sportscenter twice...
Jess-me.jpg

What an experience. Sounds like a great time (minus the flu). Tebow has done some incredible things for that team, and although I dislike him as a quarterback, he does know how to win. I am glad you found time to snap a shot of my favorite player. Jared Allen, not because he is an awesome person or great football player, but because he has a mullet and hunts animals with a spear. Thanks for sharing.

Vikings

From a diehard Vikings fan, thanks for the story and pictures. I've been to two games this year...even though we lost it was fun!

Sometimes it takes a bad season or two to rebuild the talent, we should get some studs in the draft this year.

Not a vikings fan ... or a Tebow fan (great person tho!) but that is quite the experience. $70 for an all access field pass is an awesome deal! Pretty cool they let you bring your big lense down to the field. Very nice pics...thanks for sharing

GO BEARS!

I've been a Broncos fan since I was a little boy (mother raised in Colorado). I've been very impressed with Tebow and his ability to dig the Broncos out of the rut that they were in. I'm even more impressed that he is willing to give thanks to God publicly. In a day and age where we are more likely to hear about an athelete committing a crime rather than proclaiming their faith, it is good to know that some celebrities are giving my kids a good role model to look up to!:way:

I've been a Broncos fan since I was a little boy (mother raised in Colorado). I've been very impressed with Tebow and his ability to dig the Broncos out of the rut that they were in. I'm even more impressed that he is willing to give thanks to God publicly. In a day and age where we are more likely to hear about an athelete committing a crime rather than proclaiming their faith, it is good to know that some celebrities are giving my kids a good role model to look up to!:way:

I agree with you on Tebow, he installs confidence in the team, great leader! You also got a steal when you picked Minnesota Gopher and Rocori HS star Eric Decker in the third or 4th round (can't remember). I knew the Vikings blew it when Decker was available and we picked some crappy DB instead.

Well I am sitting here in Chicago this morning, waiting for the Bears/Broncos game. Got to thinking we have a homecoming today, but not the kind we were looking forward to. Not Jay Cutler. Instead my crippled Bears will throw out Colorado State's Caleb Haney. He played just up the road from Denver in Fort Collins. I was just up there last September where my neice's home sits in the shadows of their football stadium. Actually stored my NM trip elk rack in their garage until I returned from a Wyoming moose hunt.

Anyway our stand-in Caleb Haney is a nice guy, but unfortunately instills total lack of confidence in the team. I'm afraid the Bears season ended when Cutler wend down. Too bad as this game would have been awesome. Anyway congrats already to Tebow for winning today and extending his streak.

Bummer the Broncos weren't playing at home back in September between my 2 hunts. I worked in Denver for 9 days but they were out of town.

Even as a Packer fan I will say that would have been pretty cool. By the way after looking at your pictures, I realized that your wife was my daughter's teacher last year. She loved her! I guess it really is a small world.

Doggone, he did it again....

Not sure on next week against the Patriots though.... Boy if they do beat the Pat's it's going to have the announcers and all of America in a frenzy! :D

Top Bottom