Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Teen hunter looking for a good harness

I would look at muddy for the best comparison between price and comfort.
You almost cant to wrong with any of the harnesses on the market.

I can mail you one for free if you want. I have plenty of harness' left from buying stands. Not the best, but they work.

If you can scrounge together 50-60 bucks you should be able to buy a hunter safety system from scheels or ebay.

If you're located in Cedar Rapids it's a short drive to Woody's Discount World in Merango, IA. They have several HSS harnesses for sale for $40-60. Pretty cool store they're all new harnesses just returned to a big name store with opened packages, and Woody's get them and sells them discounted.

I would look at muddy for the best comparison between price and comfort.
You almost cant to wrong with any of the harnesses on the market.

My youngest son has a Muddy harness that is top notch and I agree with Rich, the Muddy harnesses are a good value. I know money can be tight when you are young...but a few extra dollars on a GOOD harness is perhaps about the best money you could spend to protect your health and well being.

What kind of harnesses does muddy include with their stands? I just bought a vantage and haven't even looked at the harness in the bag. I'd be willing to donate as well.

HSS ultralite at Scheels. $49.99. Don't go too cheap on something that can save your life.

Second that, you would never buy a discount parachute to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!! I agree with everyone saying they'll give up a harness out of a treestand package, but in reality they're junk and not safe just a bandaid that are cheaply made to cover stand companies asses. Spend money on something that fits you comfortably because the moment you start getting uncomfortable the more likely you'll be to unhook or not wear it at all. When I was 16 harnesses weren't a thing anyone worried about, and now that I'm older I realized how dangerous bow hunting was in my early years.

Second that, you would never buy a discount parachute to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!! I agree with everyone saying they'll give up a harness out of a treestand package, but in reality they're junk and not safe just a bandaid that are cheaply made to cover stand companies asses. Spend money on something that fits you comfortably because the moment you start getting uncomfortable the more likely you'll be to unhook or not wear it at all. When I was 16 harnesses weren't a thing anyone worried about, and now that I'm older I realized how dangerous bow hunting was in my early years.

Well stated!

Top Bottom