Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tennessee Man Guilty

blake

Life Member
hoofline.gif

From the IDNR:

Tennessee Man Guilty to Illegal Hunting of Deer in Iowa

DES MOINES — A Tennessee man has pled guilty to multiple counts of illegally taking deer and falsifying records to obtain Iowa hunting privileges.

Theodore F. Davis, 44, of Clinton, Tenn., has pled guilty to four counts of illegal possession/take of deer, one count of making false claim for resident license and one count of failure to report harvesting of a deer.

In a plea agreement worked out with assistance from a US Fish & Wildlife agent, Davis agreed to make a $5,000 donation to TIP (Turn In Poachers) of Iowa in addition to liquidated damages of $15,000 and fines of $728. Davis will also lose his hunting privileges for three years in Iowa and all the participating Western Violator Compact States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming as well as his home state of Tennessee.

In addition, Roberta Anderson, 57, from Mondamin, Iowa was fined $182 and issued a citation for providing resident deer licenses to a non-resident.

Investigation of Davis began after DNR Conservation Officer David Tierney received information from TIP that the Tennessee man was illegally claiming residence in Iowa to obtain resident deer hunting licenses. The initial investigation of Davis’ license purchasing history indicated he had changed his residency in 2006 from Tennessee to Iowa and had obtained Iowa resident deer licenses in 2006 and 2007.
Davis used the address of Marlyn and Roberta Anderson, of Mondamin, Iowa. Previously Davis was a non-resident obtaining non-resident deer licenses from 2001 through 2005.

In the course of the investigation, it was determined that Davis had tagged deer with Iowa resident deer tags belonging to the Andersons. The Andersons later admitted to having obtained the deer licenses for Davis and that he did not live at their residence as claimed and they would forward his mail to his Tennessee address.

Tierney eventually traveled to Tennessee to interview Davis where he admitted to falsifying records in order to quality for Iowa resident hunting privileges and that he asked the Andersons to purchase Iowa resident bowhunting licenses for deer. Additionally, Davis admitted to illegally killing deer in 2006 and 2007 using tags obtained from the Andersons and others.

US Fish & Wildlife Service agents, wildlife officers from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, officers from the Nebraska Game & Parks and the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department assisted in this investigation.

TURN IN POACHERS!
tiplogo.gif

TIP

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In addition, Roberta Anderson, 57, from Mondamin, Iowa was fined $182 and issued a citation for providing resident deer licenses to a non-resident.</div></div>

man, there is a fine that needs increased!

The lenghts people go to to be dishonest, just to hunt deer. If I were him, I'd claim some kinda psychosis that compelled him to hunt deer and therefore break the law so I could get off with temporary insanity.

Nice move on the donation to TIP. I believe all the money from fines goes into the General Fund i.e. the State Treasuery so by forcing the perp to make a "donation" to TIP, the money goes back to TIP to fund their work.

The 'Bonker

You know i have spoken to many people who claim residency in IOWA, so they can enjoy hunting there land that they OWN in IOWA. It's rather easy to pull off !! I quit frankly do not need the Headache or hassle !!

Not to stir the pot or anything but you need to stop pointing the finger at just the guy from Tennessee because the "RESIDENTS" from "IOWA" was providing him with tags and getting his mail and sending it to Tennessee...

Looks to me like Non-Residents isn't the only problem....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbllung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to stir the pot or anything but you need to stop pointing the finger at just the guy from Tennessee because the "RESIDENTS" from "IOWA" was providing him with tags and getting his mail and sending it to Tennessee...

Looks to me like Non-Residents isn't the only problem.... </div></div>

He paid them to move to Iowa so they could set up the under cover operation for him. Darn NRs will stop at nothing to get to a big Iowa deer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

"He paid them to move to Iowa"

I think I missed something...Where exactly does it show that he paid them to move to Iowa...

If he did do that and it was proven, then that tells me he's got more money than sense...

I've met Dave Tierney and hes a good guy, props to him for the good work!
Yeah, he's just doing his job, but he'd have gotten paid the same to ignore it too and he deserves applause for going the distance on that one.

I was talking to our local CO and he said that last fall they reported finding over 90 bucks with their heads cut off in just our county alone.

Top Bottom