Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thanksgiving Weekend Doe Season

G6

Who all is planning on going out on Thanksgiving weekend and shooting some does? I plan on it if I can get some tags and will be hunting with my 357.
grin.gif
If your going what are you using to hunt with if you do go?

my father will be out there with the muzzle loader popping some does....

maybe, if i tag out by then. not really too interested in warning all the deer that shotgun season starts the following week

[ QUOTE ]
maybe, if i tag out by then. not really too interested in warning all the deer that shotgun season starts the following week

[/ QUOTE ]

I know but since I don't shotgun hunt.....It will never work for everyone the way these seasons are set up this year. I can see where anyone bowhunting yet and also someone hunting shotgun 1st season is going to be pissed about someone out blasting at deer then. I plan on sitting to shoot a few does with the handgun which I don't think will educate the deer anymore than they are from bowhunting already. Personally I wish I were still bowhunting (for a buck) but I will be out this weekend with the bow since I have two doe tags. I think it should just be mandatory for you shoot a doe before a buck (all seasons) and there wouldn't be the problem there is with too many deer. We would however have to have check stations though to check them in which in turn would increase license cost to foot the bill for more staff, unless of course we could get Muddy and Liv or ScottIC to volunteer to work them.
evil.gif

Looks like we will be out after turkey day, found some land that we don't hunt during the bow or shotgun season where the farmer is pretty excited about us shooting does, even told us that he would go buy some tags if we run out. I will be using the new Omega.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like we will be out after turkey day, found some land that we don't hunt during the bow or shotgun season where the farmer is pretty excited about us shooting does, even told us that he would go buy some tags if we run out. I will be using the new Omega.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck on your doe harvest oldgene.
sniper.gif

Top Bottom