Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

That was fast!

Blaster

PMA Member
I put my order into Welter seed yesterday at 1:00pm and the seed arrived at 10:00AM this morning. Talk about service!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I put my order into Welter seed yesterday at 1:00pm and the seed arrived at 10:00AM this morning. Talk about service!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What all do they sell????? Do they have a website?????

Must just be me then. I ordered four pounds of white dutch clover seed and a bag of innoculant late (1500) on a Wednesday (July 17th). Figured for sure it would be here that Friday, I was gonna plant that Sunday. Finally showed up on Tuesday (July 24th)without the bag of innocculant. Called 'em on Wednesday (July 25th) innoculant was here the next day via US mail. My mail doesn't get here till late afternoon so I planted the plot with out innoculant that morning. The clover seed was preinnoculated but I was gonna use it on some other stuff.

Everybody else has had great luck with them. Must just be me.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
Finally showed up on Tuesday (July 24th)without the bag of innocculant.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the only problem I've ever had is that one time they forgot the inoculate...and they called me and sent it right out.

Normally they have it there in one to two days
waytogo.gif

Keep that inoculate in the fridge Bonks...

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody else has had great luck with them. Must just be me.

The 'Bonker

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonker, i don't know if that was good luck yet or not. I thought it would be deliverd in the afternoon when my wife was not home! She was not expecting 80lbs of seed!
grin.gif

It was just another episode in the Bad Luck 'Bonker Saga.

And Pharmer, I shoulda read this before the PM. Now it all makes sense.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]

What seed did you end up buying Blaster?

[/ QUOTE ]

50lbs of Alsike Clover that i'm going to mix with oat's. This will be for the river bottom. And 18lbs of purple top turnips and Dwarf Essex Rape Seed mixed for a 3 acre plot. Now i hope the weather pattern changes and we get some rain in the next few weeks!

Blaster
What is your split between the turnips and rape for 18 lbs. I'm planting 10lbs of rape mixed with 8lbs of turnips for 3 acres. Wondering if 8lbs of turnips is to much??

Thanks for turning me on to welters!! I got my seed in 2 days clear down here in east central Illinois!!
5 Lbs of purple top and 56 Lbs of winter rye!

[ QUOTE ]
Blaster
What is your split between the turnips and rape for 18 lbs. I'm planting 10lbs of rape mixed with 8lbs of turnips for 3 acres. Wondering if 8lbs of turnips is to much??

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing that is heavy on the turnips for a mix. In a six seed mix with Welter recommending the rate per acre for each, there was 18lbs of turnips out of a total of 68lb mix.

[ QUOTE ]
Blaster

[/ QUOTE ]

They recommended 3lbs turnips to 3lbs rape per acre. I went with that. We will see how it works. This is my first food plot!
grin.gif

Top Bottom