The 24th Hour

longtail55

I don't have as much time to hunt this year due to a new job and not as much vacation so this past weekend was my first full weekend that I could hunt. I made the decision that I was going to sit all day on both Sat and Sun. I decided to hunt my best spot, this spot had been producing good buck pictures since I put up cams there in July and a lot of the pics were day time photos. I noticed this one buck becuase he was very similar to the deer I killed last year and yet that spot was about a mile a way from this one. I knew that he wasn't a giant but a nice buck that I would have a hard time passing. So I sat all day Saturday and didn't see a deer and then sat all day Sunday and finally about 5:30 I saw my first deer of the weekend. A small 3x3. So it was good to finally see a deer after I had been in the stand for 23 hours the entire weekend. So the small 3x3 hung out by me for the rest of the night and he was eating in the picked corn so I had something to look at anyway. So about an hour had passed and it was about 6:30 and I thought the night was over and then from the same spot the small 3x3 appeared this Nice buck appeared. It was cool, he started lip curling and licking branches and making scrapes and had no idea I was there. He worked his way to 25 yards and after 24 Hours in the stand I got to pull the trigger. It's like the ol saying "good things come to those who wait"

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

That is a long sit but it just goes to show ya that patience pays off! Congrats on a fine deer!

Back