Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

the bear who had gun problems?

iowachip

whats the deal with the C. bears player who had all the gun problems. all i heard was that he had guns, Sh1t am i in trouble? how many guns can you have with out a premit?

i think it was tank peterson if you actually wanted to know.

In Illinois, you have to have a FOID card (Firearms Owner Identification)in order to legally possess a firearm. Tank did not have one. For 99% of people getting one is as simple as sending a one page application with a picture of yourself attached to it and $5 to the Illinois State Police. Your card is good for 7 years.

I am guessing that Tank possessed a card at one time, but he has had trouble with the law and may have had it revoked.

Hope this answers your question.

I also believe that he cannot own firearms due to prior run ins with the law, not 100% sure on this. I am guessing he never owned a FOID card unless he grew up in IL there is no need to have one.

Don't take your guns to town tank, leave your guns at home, tank, don't take your guns to town.

It was 6 guns and he had no FOID card, but that wasn't the biggest issue. He was already on probation for flashing a gun at a night club. Then he was out shortly after that (after a judge told him work and home only), and his "body guard" was killed.
There is a lot more going on then just not having a FIOD card. Not sure what but something doesn't add up.
wtf.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In Illinois, you have to have a FOID card (Firearms Owner Identification)in order to legally possess a firearm. Tank did not have one. For 99% of people getting one is as simple as sending a one page application with a picture of yourself attached to it and $5 to the Illinois State Police. Your card is good for 7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this permit for concealed weapons or to own any firearm? If it is for any firearm then I have to ask...What happened to the Second Ammendment? Sounds like a good way for the Illinois State Police to take five bucks away from law abiding citizens for no reason.

You cannot carry a concealed weapon in Illinois. The FOID is for any and all firearms. The card is necessary for all gun purchases as well as ammunition. Like you said, it is an easy $5 for the ISP.

Back to Tank, Musky is right, they didn't just raid his house b/c of a FOID card issue, he has got a lot more issues than that. But in the end, that was what he was cited for.

Top Bottom