Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Big 8 is down!!

Way to go!
waytogo.gif

You bet. That thing is very nice!!! Congrats man. Time to start whackin' does I guess.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together!!! Nothing cooler than trail pictures and harvest pictures the perfect wrap up to a long scouting season. Good Job.

Okay, here's the story:

The section of land this deer was in has several hundred acres of standing corn still in it. I was having a tough time trying to figure out exactly where I wanted hang my stand to try to catch him due to the corn. I hunted a few times with no buck sitings and only a few does. However, the weather, as you all may know, wasn't the best last week either.
On Monday October 8, 2007 I decided to go hunt where I last new that he was at the beginning of September do to some trail photos. It is a small creek drainage that runs between two large corn fields and eventually to a small patch of trees(half acre or so) that bordered a recently picked bean field. That is where I sat up, right where the creek, corn, beans and trees all meet up. I noticed during the summer that most the deer funnel down the creek drainage to the trees and the beans in the evenings.
The west wind was perfect so I hung my stand in a large willow tree and began hunting about 5 p.m.. At approximately 6:20, the sound of antlers hitting to the north caught my attention. Standing on the creek bank where three nice bucks; two young 9 pointers 120 to 125 class and this guy. I knew right away who he was! They continued down the drainage, jumped the fence into the beans and fed past me at 18 yards. The shot was slighty quartering away and pierced both lungs. He went 50 yards into the stand of trees and crashed. The cool thing is that the trail pics here were taken within 30 yards of where I shot him. Pretty satisfying I must say!

I grossed scored him myself and came up with 145 2/8 respectively. Could be an inch off one way or the other but I try to be conservative if anything. Either way, he's a BIG 8
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks guys/gals and good hunting to ya. I'm on a doe mission now til late muzz. COME ON COLD AND SNOW!!!!

Top Bottom