Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Blue Jeans Buck

Congratulations! Taking a buck early is always a tough decision. Most of us are intent on taking a mature buck like the beaute that you harvested,and when the opportunity arrives - you take it,knowing that will be missing out on all the extras of enjoying hunting, such as the owl encounter when the tag is filled and we don't spend as many days inthe field as we would have liked. I think perhaps ,the chase is what we enjoy the most. I enjoyed your telling of the story and hope you can get another tag....so we can read another post!!

Nice Work Buddy! Good to see you were finally able to dust of the keyboard and enlighten us with another great story. Hopefully it won't be another 5 years before we read another one. And by the way, your hunting attire sounds a lot like Skip putting on his "waders" to go fishing at the dam.

I took my daughter out to sit with me the other night. She has no scent free clean clothes, so I didn't waste the time to get mine out. I actually hunted in sweat pants I wear around the house, and smoked a doe! I'm curious as to what state you live in Seth, if you're tagged out already?

Like airassault said, I live in iowa and when I said I was tagged out I mean I can't shoot a buck till late muzzleloader season. I do have a few archery doe tags left so I will still be able to get out in the stand although I'm a bit reluctant to, I have this gut feeling I'm gonna have ol' mossy horns stroll by at 15 yards and I'm just gonna hafta watch!

Way to go!! Great buck and a great story to go along with it. That just goes to show us that with all the fancy stuff we buy, nothing can replace knowing your deer and your area. Being in the right place at the right time is the name of the game.

Top Bottom