Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Can......

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Well, I was at walmart the other day and noticed Primos' Can call...... on the spur of the moment I decided to buy one....... I figured that in a year or two they will be so common that they won't be nearly as effective. Thought I would give one a try...... has any one had much luck with this call? Do you use it mostly during the rut or is it just as effective during late pre-rut thru the rut?

I've used them to turn small bucks around and make them take a second look. It has been late pre-rut and rut. Up to that time it has only been effective to have mature does to a look in the area. I keep mine available and made it part of the "essentials" to pack in.

I'd have to say you made a good purchase in buying the can. I cant' say I have called in any wall hangers but I have brought in three bucks from over 80 yards out into bow range. Hope I get the chance to try it on a big one someday.

I called in a real nice buck last year with this call. I called him in on Thanksgiving to 5 yards but i could not draw he came in straight at me and smelled me. 3 days later i see him walking 60 yards away from me and call him right in again. This time 5 yards in front of me and hes at the taxidermist right now. This year so far i have called in some small basket racks but the rut hasint gotten going yet.

Great call, would not leave home without one.

These bleat-in-heat or can calls have been around for awhile. I'm pretty upset with myself when I don't have mine in the stand. Early season if you don't turn it all the way over it imitates a fawn bleat and later it can really turn bucks when they're looking for a good time.

I have used them and think they work some times !! How ever I will not use them any more as
after buying 3 of these and having each one fail in temps around 40 unsure why? Guess i'll stick to my grunt calls.

Top Bottom