Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Decline of A Legend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">size dont necessarily make the trophy....
Good Luck with him!
hope to see him in the Harvest forum!!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I remember him from your photos from the past. Great buck regardless of his size now. I know when I read stories like this and see a hunter develope a history with a certain deer, I tend to root for the deer and hope he wins in the end. Truely an old monarch. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks for sharing! I remember those pics. Maybe even more of a trophy in my book due to his age. I'd target him. </div></div>

My thoughts exactly.

Great story, pics and sheds, I can't wait for the ending! He would still be tops on my list fer sher.

I came across this picture today, and thought I would share it. My good friend harvested him in January 2010 during late ML season. Unfortunately this was the only harvest pictre he took. I had no Trail pics of him during the 2009 season, and thought he may not be around anymore. Then in late November I had him 30 yards straight behind me (down wind of me) his vitals were behind a tree and he smelled me and took off instead of taking one more step forward.

11-nt.jpg

Last edited:
A bittersweet ending. Funny how some bucks grow a more typical rack as they get older. He looks like he was in good body condition for his age.

That's a great example of super trophy buck that the "score" doesn't begin to give justice to. It would have been nice to see some more pics of that guy.

Wow it felt like that buck was gonna live forever. I remember the first time you posted pics of him. Great buck and story

Wow it felt like that buck was gonna live forever. I remember the first time you posted pics of him. Great buck and story

I remember the first pics too...they were my favorite trailcam pics posted that year.

I hope he spread his genetics to the whole herd...he was a wise old guy, that's for sure.

Top Bottom