Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The doves are unscathed, I am not!

Shovelbuck

I had been anxiously waiting for this weekend to get out with the flintlock fowler to have a try at doves. I have the gun patterning great but hadn't had a chance to practice any wing shooting. What better practice than to just get out there and have a go at it.:way:
I never had that great of percentage shooting modern gear so I'm still trying to figure out why I felt I could just go out with a flintlock and make meat.
After about the fourth miss yesterday I was thinking I could do better with the longbow.;)
Anyway, long story short, while setting up last evening for another humiliating attempt at hitting one, I tripped and fell.:( Somehow managing to fall on my left arm. Arm is fine but I think I have a broken rib. I've broken my share of bones and had numerous other pains, but damn! THIS HURTS!!!!
Just breathing is a chore let alone moving much.
So, after two more blown shots last evening, it's Doves 6, Jay 0:rolleyes: GAME OVER
Here is a pic of one of the setups.

DCP_0009-Copy.jpg

Was just thinking, last year at this time I stabbed my finger with a broadhead and couldn't bowhunt for awhile. Now with this rib pain, I don't see pulling a bow back for sometime either.
If it doesn't get better. I'll head over to the ER but I know there isn't much to do other that a wrap and I'm doing that now.
Be safe :way:

Best part of the whole day was having a hawk come in and hammer two of the decoys. I would of loved to have had that on video.

Last edited:
Damn. That doesnt sound like a whole lot of fun, EXCEPT being afield with a gun and having a good hunt regardless of a 0 bag.

Good luck with the rib thing and muscles on the side. Sleeping may be a real chore as well.

Get well.

Hope you feel better jay. Deer season just around the corner. couple stiff drinks and a sit in the hot tub might help.

Busted ribs are no fun! Hope everything gets squared up so you don't lose any time in the field. Just suck it up and go get it checked out!

hoofline.gif

I am very sorry that you are injuried Jay. :(

Isn't the ageing process a bunch of fun????????????????? :)

While putting up a stand this weekend I had a stick fall from a tree and the end of it hit my right glasses lens. It hit me with enough force that my eye still hurts and my vision was blurred for 24 hours. :(

hoofline.gif

JK by the way shovel. We've all had our shares of falls. Get up and go at it again man!

Top Bottom