Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The 'Fan Trick' Does It Again!

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
So, sometimes I'd rather be lucky than good!

On the afternoon/evening of the 13th, I didn't plan on hunting....however, as I was walking into the local Wally World one of my good friends called me and said 'GET OVER HERE, THERE ARE 3 BIG TOMS STRUTTING BEHIND MY HOUSE!'

These birds were there earlier in the year, but had been MIA for around 2.5 weeks. I probably looked like an idiot as I ran out of Wal-Mart....but it ended up being worth it. I already had my gear, so headed straight to his house, changed quick and took off down a logging road that would put me on the east side of the field.

Upon approaching the field edge, I didn't see the birds...so......just took out into the field to peak over a small hill. Long story short....after about a 100-125yd walk I saw the toms, called....moved the fan, and they came running....well, SPRINTING IN! BOOM- and I was tagged out! :D

If Interested, here is a link to the video! '4TH SEASON BIRD VIDEO'

Best of luck to those of you who still have tags....over the last few days I've been seeing a lot of toms all by themselves! :way:

Top Bottom