Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Franz buck

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
I by no means want to leave this site. It's just sad. I honestly fear to post pictures of any big deer I have on the radar and take within the season. I might make someone jealous and get called in. Just a crappy situation. Happy for Joe tho! What a hell of a buck! God works in mysterious ways, but will never put us through something we can't handle. There's a lesson to learn from all of this, and hopefully the DNR learns from this!!!

I used to hold back posts because I was worried about the negativity. I could care less now. I post for me and those that want to actually follow my threads. And like I've said before- haters welcome. Sad to see but it doesn't bother me anymore when it's at me. Just sucks when others won't share because of that reason

I used to hold back posts because I was worried about the negativity. I could care less now. I post for me and those that want to actually follow my threads. And like I've said before- haters welcome. Sad to see but it doesn't bother me anymore when it's at me. Just sucks when others won't share because of that reason

Just wait until you get burned, all it takes is one time. Piece gets leased, sheds get poached, big buck gets poached. Its obvious you and many others who feel the same way as you either A.) own the land they hunt or B.) ain't been at this long enough.

Perfect example through everything you've posted I know the exact land owner whose given you permission down south of Afton and with all the big deer you post and your relative success with shed hunting (you're new to to it, you've told us all) and you found how many sheds last year? 70 antlers with how many being 65"+ antlers???? It would take one wrong guy to find this out and approach that little sweet old lady who lets you hunt that ground and the next year out a prime spot all because of posts made via the web. And the bad thing is this shit doesn't just happen with deer; anything hunting related. It's even worse with waterfowl. Say one wrong thing or show one wrong person and your burned.

Pretty scary huh??

Just wait until you get burned, all it takes is one time. Piece gets leased, sheds get poached, big buck gets poached. Its obvious you and many others who feel the same way as you either A.) own the land they hunt or B.) ain't been at this long enough.

Perfect example through everything you've posted I know the exact land owner whose given you permission down south of Afton and with all the big deer you post and your relative success with shed hunting (you're new to to it, you've told us all) and you found how many sheds last year? 70 antlers with how many being 65"+ antlers???? It would take one wrong guy to find this out and approach that little sweet old lady who lets you hunt that ground and the next year out a prime spot all because of posts made via the web. And the bad thing is this shit doesn't just happen with deer; anything hunting related. It's even worse with waterfowl. Say one wrong thing or show one wrong person and your burned.

Pretty scary huh??

Exactly why I never posted any thing on my states hunting forum.........

Pretty scary huh??

Gotta agree. Don't see why we should, in this day and age band together behind someone we know nothing about. All we know is what is rumored or we can see with our own eyes. It's like any other walk of life, you put yourself out there, create a brand or reputation and people are going to go after you. Social media makes it easier. How many people in pro sports, entertainment and politics had a squeeky clean persona only to be nailed for something unsavory. No way that mineral site had anything to do with killing that deer. Surely was foolish to have it near a stand of any kind. Don't tell me it couldn't be removed without trouble. Law enforcement has to investigate potential crimes and obviously even if the law is sketchy and unclear it is the law. For each case like this I am sure there are many we don't hear about with smaller deer that are in violation and get nailed. I don't know about the particulars of the case and I don't care. Was there something personal involved i don't know. I do know law enforcement is a nearly impossible job and it's getting tougher and more unappealing for anyone to actually want to go into that field. You go out and try to profit and show off to the world be prepared for those who will disagree. Otherwise, keep to yourself. As to Booners point, not to tough for someone to find you thru posts and pics. Soon enough no one will do it. To many people out there looking out for themselves and the " grass is always greener " is the m.o. of many a hunter unfortunately.

If you ask me, Derek baited it with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He's notorious for that.

Last edited:
Mount has been returned not like some of you genius people said it would be. Keep dragging this site down with your ignorance..
wow, ignorance is what u just said. Law states the DNR can keep after 30 days and they've done just that in previous cases.

Pretty scary huh??

I don't disagree with you at all. And I have had many trail camera pics of people walking with sheds in their hand. However- in regards to that sweet old lady- she gets approached many times a year to
Hunt her land. Many times. To lease or purchase. The land is actually owned by someone else in her family. If some day it happens- so
Be it. But I'm still a social person and it is what it is. I'll share- you do not have too.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom