Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Heart Break season

wtj43089

Well guys 2010 will go down as a heart breaking season for me. I had a lot of good target bucks I was trying to go after. Unfortanatly I dont get a lot of time to bow hunt due to working on a farm. First off, I would like to congradulate all the lucky hunters to take these great deer and I am in no way trying take away from any of there accomplishments. It all came together for them but I havent been as fortunate so far. A lot of these guys are my friends so I am happy for them. Any way 6 of my target bucks went down so far.
First off is The Split G2 Buck. I did not get many pictures of him but he was still a deer I wanted a chance at.
picture.php

Unfortanatly I do not have a harvest picture of him yet but I will try to get one up soon. Congradulations Chad

Next up is The Tall Brow Nine. I also did not get a bunch of pictures of this buck. He ended up getting hit on the highway nearly six miles away from where I got pictures of him. He ended up shedding one antler when he was hit. Luckly my buddy Brady got a salvation tag for him. He ended up being a lot bigger than I thought. Once again I dont have pictures but I will get some up in the next couple of days.
picture.php

Next up is Bumps. In all reality I didnt want to shoot this year, I wanted to let him have another year.
picture.php

My buddy Brown was lucky enough to shoot this buck during 2nd shotgun season.
picture.php

Next up is Crabclaw. He was also a buck I wanted to let go another year to see what he turned into.
picture.php

About the whole shotgun group shot crabclaw. To bad he ended up breaking his main beam.
picture.php

Now time for the big heart breakers. Fist up is Diesel. He was my number one target buck for bow season.
picture.php

He got shot Oct 26th by Rick Congrats to Rick
picture.php

And finally heart break number 2. Captin Hook. He was right up there with Diesel as top target buck. I ended up hunting him every chance I could. I ended up seeing him in early November. I was sitting in my stand waiting for the feild to clear out, when he walked in to 15 yards, luckly it was a full moon and I could see him perfectly. Timing is everything and unfortunately he walked out a few minutes to late.
picture.php

Jamie took full advantage of his situation when he saw Captin, unfortunately for Captin was not so lucky. Congrats Jamie.
picture.php

Sorry for the super long rant, but that pretty much my season so far in a nut shell. Hopefully late bow and muzzy I will be able to conect with one or 2 of my other 2 target bucks. Good luck to everyone who also still has tags left to fill.

Thats a bummer.. when one big one falls another claims his territory... I think you'll still be sitting all right next year.. ;) how big of an acreage were those killed on? I wish I even had one hit list buck going into the season..

Bummer of a story WELL TOLD though!! Geez man, I can't believe you have that many nice bucks in your area with that kind of pressure!!!! Do you have the whole town hunting that section?? Geesh. How is it that so many guys are hunting those bucks? Just curious- maybe its a big area? Doesn't seem like a buck has a real good chance of slipping through there though. Great post- 2011 will be a year of redemption! How bout late season this year?

Thanks for all the support guys. I have acess to well over 2000 acres only problem is 70 percent of that was under water until september. I focus on mainly two chunks that are directly across the highway from eachother equaling around 100 acres of timber and around 400 acres of crop ground. Luckly I have another piece just down the road with a 40 acre chunk of timber surrounded by CRP and crop ground, I know of two big bucks over there, so hopefully I can connect with one of them
Big 9pt
picture.php

Big 8pt
picture.php

Last edited:
Man Tyler I can't believe your luck, worst part about it now that just put a huge heart break on your shed season as well, I was really looking forward to the text that said you found Captain Hooks sheds. Looks like your just gunna have to come up to my stuff and help me find my bucks :D:D . Good luck late season boss, hopefully you have a chance at one of the deer left!

Those are a lot of nice bucks, with all of your bad luck something has to change. I predict you'll shoot a monster during late season. Good luck!

Wow man that does suck. I feel your pain though. My year has gone somewhat similar. However I cant blame it totally on things not coming together as I have let my fair share of nice deer walk in hopes of seeing them again in a year or so. This is what makes us bow hunters though. Hope late season works out for you!

Top Bottom