Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The IBA & hunting in Iowa

ElkHunter

Life Member
Usually this time of year is on the slow side for the IBA. The legislature has shut down, people have just finished turkey hunting and the 3D is going full bore.
Current posts on IW have heated up again(way to early for this)and there are reports that contacts have been made in several different fronts.

The IBA has always been about the Iowa Bowhunter ( we have many members from other states, most liked what we are trying to do and joined on). In the last several years we have fought long and hard for all hunters in Ia.Not everyone but most, would tell you what we have accomplished or fought against has been good for most Iowan.

I'm not a educated man, no letters behind my name, but I know right from wrong and what I believe in.

It pains me to see people who live hundreds of miles from Iowa think they should be able to dictate policy and change laws that will affect our great state and how we live.I've just about resigned to the fact I may never get to hunt elk in the a HQ zone of Az,(nine yrs of trying) but never have I jumped up and stated how unfair and what an injustice this is. Maybe I should have jumped on a horse, drawn a sword and charged to Phoenix and demand the law be changed.

What gives anyone the right to come here with a big bag of money, buy up large chunks of land and then jump up on a soapbox and state to the world that they knew what the law was but now want the law changed. Can someone show me where in the Bill of Rights it states an any sex Ia. deer tag is a God given right.

I hear all the time "I pay taxes to the state of Ia" To those people I say by the time your bean counters and pencil pushers get done with federal and state programs and find a few loopholes the taxes you pay is pathetic.You want to pay taxes move here and then see what your taxes are.I'll not lump all individuals into the above group, many folks have worked long and hard to buy a piece of land,I recognize your concerns. My beef is with the individuals, groups and corporations who want to turn our state into another southern state for financial gain. I'd rather not see the bottom 2 tiers of counties in Iowa be surounded by a fence.

Most people think only about deer hunting, what about those folks displaced from turkey, squirrel, rabbit and pheasant hunting.Any idea who the strongest ally the IBA has? PF Their members are being shut out of thousands of acres so as to not disturb the deer.
Southern tradition say lease it, buy it. Northern tradition was knock on some doors and go hunt.
Personally I like the knock on the door approach. We all know times are changing, but not all changes are for the best

You may not always agree with everything the IBA does, but deep down in my heart I believe their policy will allow my grandkids the best opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors that enjoyed with my Dad(he could hardly rub two nickles together) and I do today.

If you manage to get though this far in the post I thank you. Sometimes I have Sr. moments and ramble aimlessly.My only interest and desire is that your kids and grandkids have SOME of the opportunities you now enjoy.

If this post is something you agree with or can relate to, then we would love to have as an IBA member.

waytogo.gif

waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

There are many challenges in the near future for the Iowa resident hunter. The only way we can meet these challenges is to get organized. I urge all of you to join and support the Iowa Bowhunters Association.

398ibalogo_1_.gif

Join and support the IBA……Join Now

[ QUOTE ]
If this post is something you agree with or can relate to, then we would love to have as an IBA member.

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

and thankyou for all your tireless efforts in defending hunting rights (of all kinds) in Iowa, Randy!
waytogo.gif

I've been away for awhile, and it looks like things have already started to catch fire. Great post. You couldn't have spoken the truth more aptly than if you were holding 2 Granite slabs and parting the Red Sea at the same time.
grin.gif

waytogo.gif

Top Bottom