Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Kind of Buck

SaskGuy

I'd like to see get at least one more fall under his belt. I really think this buck is only 3 1/2. For my neck of the woods, 3 1/2 yr olds don;t come a whole lot better, we're just far enough north that nutrition and weather just doesn't allow for it often. The selfish side of me would liketo see him evade the guns. Wandering around like this he won't..The riflesare only 3 days away. I realize he's no booner, but bucks like this excite me.
3yr.jpg

He's a dandy for sure. So what would you say is a bucks peak year as far as antler growth in your area, on average?

So what would you say is a bucks peak year as far as antler growth in your area, on average?

Tough one...based on what I've seen the past few yrs I'd haveto lean to 6 1/2, maybe even 7 1/2. Realistically a guy doesn't see a pile of bucks get that old, but the ones I've been lucky enough to follow that long through sheds etc.. have alwayes seemd to be at their best around then. Not all of course bust most are that way. However, there wouldn't be many 5 1/2 yr old deer that I'd let walk thinking.."one more year".

I'm trying to throw out the "small(er) rack illusion" that seems to dominate me with your northern beasts. Just throwin this out there, let me know where I stand.... Just shy of 140(ish)?

Curiosity has overcome me. I'm intrigued...

Seems to me you need to start sitting where you hang your cams
lol.gif
You've had another great year of pics thats for sure.

Top Bottom