Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The New Mathews Bows Are Out

SEIowaDeerslayer

I'll be keeping my Switchy XT...what does everyone else think of them? They still didn't come out with a speed bow which isn't suprising, but the new Dren XT IBO is at 322 which is pretty smoking in a shorter ATA.

I'm not gonna bash but I have a question that I would like to ask. Are any of the Mathews guys really that excited about the new bows this year?? Honestly there is nothing diffrent. They took the same bow they had last year (Drenaline) and made one with a longer ATA and one with a larger BH. The S2 is a swithcback with a new camo job. What happened to the statement New and innovative bow that they were preaching??? Same design concept yet diffrent marketing approach. The sad thing is they will sell the hell outta them to.

i love mathews but i have to agree with lxshooter.... i just compared all 3 and there is hardly any difference..... why would i pay to much money for one bow then go and buy the same bow the next year for more money..... i think mathews kinda missed the boat with this one......

I still have to shoot a new Mathews that I like better than my Switchback before I'll buy one. I think that they have gone backwards if anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lxshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is they will sell the hell outta them to. </div></div>

why is that a sad thing???

they have not come out with anything cutting edge lately, but the same Mathews quality is there.

there is no bow on the market like that XT, nothing.....
so i think they may have pigeon-holed themselves by making such a sweet bow.....if it aint broke dont fix it, if you ask me...

id be interested in shootin that Dren. LD, i think that bow will shoot pretty dang good....more bow means more forgiveness, and thats all the original Drenalin was lacking in my opinion.....

im sure they will do well with these bows as usual. Mathews is the standard setter.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lxshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is they will sell the hell outta them to. </div></div>

why is that a sad thing???

they have not come out with anything cutting edge lately, but the same Mathews quality is there.

there is no bow on the market like that XT, nothing.....
so i think they may have pigeon-holed themselves by making such a sweet bow.....if it aint broke dont fix it, if you ask me...

id be interested in shootin that Dren. LD, i think that bow will shoot pretty dang good....more bow means more forgiveness, and thats all the original Drenalin was lacking in my opinion.....

im sure they will do well with these bows as usual. Mathews is the standard setter..... </div></div>

The Switchy XT was the standard setter, you're right. A perfect hunting bow all around, smooth and fast. The Dren was pretty much the switchback with slim limbs, which decreased a lot of weight, and now we have the Dren XT with the shorter ATA. It seems as if they just keep introducing new stuff that already works, but they're still keeping their bows smooth. People are bashing them because they're not coming out with a speed bow, but they have the Black Max 2 for people who want speed and a harsh draw. 322 for a short ATA bow is very, very fast. The more I think about it I may be trading in my Switchy XT. Can 7 fps make that much of a difference though? I think not...

There hasnt been any large jumpes in technology in bows in what 5-6 years? parallel limbs, rubber in the riser for vibrations...

My opinion from the Outback-Switchback-Dren there isnt a ton of difference.

Dean

The XT is sweet. I dont think they can beat it. But if your looking for speed and crazy technology.... I dont think mathews is where it is at.... I shoot an XT and I gave mathews a promise ring, so i will be with her forever..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I like my XT too. We have alot of history and she's never done me wrong, and that (aside from everything else you guys are talking about) is why I will never let her go. Sure I'll buy her a new string when she needs it and get her all tuned up the way she likes- just to shut her up of course- but as far as I'm concerned, I'll shoot her til she fails me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my XT too. We have alot of history and she's never done me wrong, and that (aside from everything else you guys are talking about) is why I will never let her go. Sure I'll buy her a new string when she needs it and get her all tuned up the way she likes- just to shut her up of course- but as far as I'm concerned, I'll shoot her til she fails me.</div></div>

I am glad to see that someone still knows how to treat a lady.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squ1rr31_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a link to the new matthews bows click here! </div></div>

all that would come up was bowtech??????????? You might want to retry that link...

Top Bottom