Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Oats are toast

Central Iowa

Life Member
Here is a mix of Buck Forage Oats, Winter Wheat, and Rye. The Oats made it it through a majority of November and and quickly started turning as December approached. The Rye and Wheat are sticking in there though. These pictures were taken December 2.
1106food_plots_Dec_2006_011.jpg

1106food_plots_Dec_2006_012.jpg

Nice patch of feed Travis! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I took a pic of my "toasted oats" yesterday...sure not a late season food plot /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

12-12Oats.jpg

The rye is green as can be though and this patch is grazed down to the nubs! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12-12Rye.jpg

The deer really loved the oats but one has to make sure to plant some late season plots as well, or mix it.

My larger plot did include some oats in with the rye. I've stayed away from it all fall but I think I'll sneak in and check it out Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this patch is grazed down to the nubs! </div></div>
I guess! I think some bulk arrows and WalMart broadheads are what the Dr. ordered there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this patch is grazed down to the nubs! </div></div>
I guess! I think some bulk arrows and WalMart broadheads are what the Dr. ordered there! </div></div>

Let's just say I don't need to "practice" shooting at a target... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom