Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The "Offical" Cubs post season thread

Fishbonker

Life Member
Last night I was eating an ice cream sammich in the first inning of the Cubs-Pirates wild card game when Fowler got a hit and Schwarber drove him in.

In the third inning I thought I better have another ice cream sammich. Fowler got a hit and Schwarber hit a 450 foot moon shot into the Allegheny River.

The next time Fowler was up I asked my wife to bring me the last ice cream sammich in the house. She wasn't too happy with me asking her to fetch it but I gave her the puppy dog look and said "Please? I really don't want to miss a pitch". The wife got up and brought me the last ice cream sammich.

I was eating it when Fowler hit his homer. It was a little weird that the sammich was unwrapped and covered with little crunchy bits when she brought it to me. I asked what the crunchy bits were. She just smiled and said it was her and the kitties secret.

My wife is as big a Cubs fan, metaphorically speaking, as I am. She brought home three boxes of ice cream sammiches today. One for each game it will take to beat the Cards.

So let's hear some good old fashioned Cubs Cards harassment and remember, we all hate the Mets.

I also found it a little strange tonight when I was gathering up the trash that there was an ice cream sammich wrapper in waste basket next to the cat liter box.

Ice cream sandwiches might be your secret weapon, but I think every Cards fan sent Bartman tickets so you guys are screwed. I'm actually pulling for the Cubs because they are local and fun to watch and also so I don't have to hear "there's always next year" anymore.

Get that man some more ice cream sammiches!

Seriously though, with the way this team has been playing in the second half of the season and the attitude that Joe has instilled in them, I think it will be very difficult for another team to take a 5 or 7 game series from them. Will be fun to watch!

And the best part is we are ahead of schedule. Only going to get better!! If they make it to the World Series- I can't wait to be in Chicago for it!!

Ain't no ice cream going to help. I'm bringing the goat. For the Midwest this is the World series. Go Cardinals.

I'm pretty sure Bonker is full of "used" ice cream sandwiches.His wife told me he eats that many every night whether the Cubs are playing or not. I think a better indicator would be if the Bonks was doing something he rarely does when the Cubs win, like doing situps.

"Hey Chicago what do you say, the Cubs are going to win today!"

th

like doing situps.

what is this "situp" thing you speak of? I situp in my comfy chair, I situp when I get out of bed, I situp when I poop. is their some other meaning of which I am unaware? I also sit up in tree stands but that's two words. hhhhmmmm.

this "situp" thing sounds like work and we all know I'm highly allergic to work of any kind.

Let me be the first to say "GO CARDS" then. It is going to be a great series and this is what October baseball is all about.

"Go Cards" but its not going to be easy i can gurantee that. Those Cubs have been playing some great baseball

Isn't great that we have Oct baseball that we are actually paying attention to so we don't have to think about the Bears. Go Cubs!

Isn't great that we have Oct baseball that we are actually paying attention to so we don't have to think about the Bears. Go Cubs!

I am glad I have the Cubs and Hawkeyes to root for right now, because the Chief's are awfull. The Bears may get another win this weekend against the Chiefs.

Well, on to plan "B". Snickers ice cream bars. Pricey but worth it if it helps 'em win. I hope not to have a plan "C" as in cirrhosis.

Pat and Ron were commenting on the "erratic" strike zone. They don't usually say much about it. It was a great game despite the final score. All season I've watched on TV with the radio play by play. The radio is about 7 seconds ahead of the TV so when Pat and Ron go crazy I know to look at the TV to see what happened.

1 down 2 to go!!

Are you talking about ice cream sammiches for tonight's game? It's pre game on TBS and I've had an ice cream sammich too. Thanks for supporting the Cubbies!!!!!

I had a to-do list today that was a mile long. Between the Hawkeyes and the Cubs I got exactly three things done.

Dusty Baker is on the TBS pre game show. Can't stand him. I blame him for ruining the arms of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood. He rode those horses way too hard and put them up way too wet. Bastard.

Last edited:
Down in Kansas City for the bears game and definitely have to say the Cubs were well represented at power and light for the game on the big screen. Easily 10-1 Cubs fans to cards. Great sight. GO CUBS GO!!

Top Bottom