Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

THE PLAN TO KEEP IOWA GREAT- CALL TO ACTION!

IBA is a 501(c)4 and not tax deductible.

Good to know. I’ll see what ISC status is. Hopefully most give regardless. But we’ll get the info.

For now search on FB Iowa spokesman Club!
I’ve been in contact with them on banquet auctions items. Very fast response and you’ll get fast answers to your question.
Here’s the email address

IMG_6965.jpg

Skip. I’ll send 500 a year. I’m willing to help in Des Moines as well. I worked in LE for 25 years at the fed level, have a PhD and taught at a university full time for 8 years. Point is I’m used to speaking in front of people. I’ll send $ to the IBA and let me know on the other.
I would think a well-spoken hunter would be needed when required. It's great you volunteered to help with this!

Skip. I’ll send 500 a year. I’m willing to help in Des Moines as well. I worked in LE for 25 years at the fed level, have a PhD and taught at a university full time for 8 years. Point is I’m used to speaking in front of people. I’ll send $ to the IBA and let me know on the other.
Awesome!!!!
This is very easy. I’d say on average it’s maybe a 30-45 second statement on the facts, issues with
Skip, is they're a way you can make it so that business owners can tie this in with advertising at tax time? Maybe a page in a newsletter that lists business names that have donated? A t-shirt with names on it? Anything that allows a business to call it an advertising expense?

I'm no tax expert (hopefully one will chime in here) but my tax people always move my charitable donations over to advertising expenses whenever possible. I notice that local charities usually acknowledge donations in the community which allows them to be written off as advertising as well.
ill check into this.
U guys need to stick with me when I’m indicted on 91 charges of tax fraud though !! ;) :)
Yepper- I’ll dig into it though & get legit answers.

IMPORTANT ON IOWA SPORTSMAN CLUB!!!! Their reply!!! This is great news for anyone!!

“Yes, we’re a 501c3 and any donation can be viewed as advertising tax write off (obviously consult your CPA). But a table sponsorship at the Gala is 100% advertising”. Any business or individual can contact them & work together to explore tax deductible options.

Theres a post today on the iowa bowhunting facebook pages of a guy that wants peoples ideas and then he's going to go talk to the head dnr person. All sorts of crazy responses from crossbows should be legal to we should have highpowers to we need longer firearms seasons, to floating tags, to bait etc. People dont put thought into what these things would do to the herd after just a few years. Its crazy. Its really not that hard to shoot a deer in Iowa with a little effort. I dont get it, why do we always have to see this with people wanting to tweak the regs or have ideas that would clearly result degraded results? Thank god for the IBA and ISC.

Theres a post today on the iowa bowhunting facebook pages of a guy that wants peoples ideas and then he's going to go talk to the head dnr person. All sorts of crazy responses from crossbows should be legal to we should have highpowers to we need longer firearms seasons, to floating tags, to bait etc. People dont put thought into what these things would do to the herd after just a few years. Its crazy. Its really not that hard to shoot a deer in Iowa with a little effort. I dont get it, why do we always have to see this with people wanting to tweak the regs or have ideas that would clearly result degraded results? Thank god for the IBA and ISC.

Because people nowadays want everything to be easy. Where’s the fun in hunting if there’s no challenge though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The people that “want it easy”. “Give me every weapon”. “Sounds so fun to be able to do xyz”. “Don’t judge _____ if it’s legal”. “Give me more advantages to get that buck”. “Who is anyone else to say what I can shoot or do” “Im a casual hunter, who doesn’t care about age structure or the serious hunter”….. U name it …. I UNDERSTAND where ANY of those feelings come from!! I do. No matter how crazy.

What they don’t realize is they are literally going to ruin hunting & ruin the opportunities for THEMSELVES!! They don’t know it and can’t think past a knee jerk “that sounds fun” thought. They will ruin iowa just like every other state where those very thoughts have had no resistance & allowed to go through long ago. We both have to educate them to what the end result is OR we have to stand in their way of them driving off a cliff. The latter is the only option when u deal with folks who don’t understand think past a simple emotional feel good level. The “experts” & “passionate seasoned hunters” are what will save us from ourselves. The people that truly care about the next generations need to be the voice of reason & the adults in the room. Exactly why the IBA & ISC are here…. & the IBA has stopped MOST the insane Childish emotional knee jerk regulations for DECADES. Had they not- we’d be just like those failed states BUT probably WORSE - since we have so little habitat & so much lessor of a deer population!!!
Guys- stuff like above that u all see daily on Facebook…. That’s what lead the special interests to bring NINE BAD BILLS up last year. It was a MIRACLE we beat them back. It’s EXACTLY why the ISC was formed. It’s precisely why the IBA has just increased its lobbying!!!!! Again, I can’t emphasize enough: please join IBA. Please send in any drop u can to ISC now. We are literally funding the battle as we speak!!!!! $ that’s so well positioned & strategically allocated its mind boggling!!! 90% of the work or machine is built- we absolutely need a helping hand fueling it. Please don’t forget to send the checks to IBA for lobbying & send in funds to ISC…. It’s a small amount in big picture but it’s imperative we do it. Without these 2- I honestly believe we’d be done in a matter of a couple years. With these 2- I know we will win. GO!!!!!

... Again, I can’t emphasize enough: please join IBA. Please send in any drop u can to ISC now. We are literally funding the battle as we speak!!!!! $ that’s so well positioned & strategically allocated its mind boggling!!! 90% of the work or machine is built- we absolutely need a helping hand fueling it. Please don’t forget to send the checks to IBA for lobbying & send in funds to ISC…. ...
Skip, a week or two ago I said I would help with the funding of this effort. But where should I send a check and who should I make it out to? Thanks, Daver.

Skip, a week or two ago I said I would help with the funding of this effort. But where should I send a check and who should I make it out to? Thanks, Daver.
Thx Daver!!!!
SEND CHECK TO: Iowa Bowhunters Association, ADDRESS: IBA, Attn: Corey Thorson, Treasurer, 1648 Cordova Ave, Pella, IA 50219.
**Please put a note in there that this is going to funding our Lobbying Efforts at the Capital!

I heard there is legislation trying to be passed so a non resident with 80 acres or more is guaranteed a deer tag. If that happens no residents will have a place to hunt before long. It will be nothing but nonresidents with more money than brains driving the prices up and every property will be broken into 80's. . You won't have to worry about outfitters, cross bows, rifles, etc. If this is true getting that legislation banned and off the books should be at the top of the agenda

That bill was two legislative sessions ago. The last time it was proposed it was shot down. Not a worry unless proposed again beginning in January.

One guy got above pushed through a couple years ago. The people defeated his insane bill. I’m going to GUESS this ONE person spent $75k+ a year in lobbying. Maybe/likely more.
WE, as a group of hunters CAN & MUST fund the IBA & ISC & the amount is a small fraction of what the above guy spent lobbying to CHANGE OUR STATE. (If we as hunters can’t organize to come up with 1/4 the amount the above ONE selfish brat spent- it’s a sad day for iowa & hunters. We will do it though!!!!)

He MIGHT be coming back this year. I’m not 100% certain. If he is + all the bad bills…. They are going on NOW. So- why we need to all LIFT TOGETHER to get those funds to IBA & ISC immediately!!!! It will immediately go 100% to work at the capital for offense & defense!!! Best funds we ever spent!!!!

HERE’S WHAT’S COMING & BREWING RIGHT NOW & WHY WE NEED THOSE FUNDS SENT IN IMMEDIATELY!!!!
-Crossbow folks are funding lobbyists to purchase iowa. Either host of “stepping stone bills” to get Crossbows jammed into our archery season (against hunter & resident wishes & support) OR full press to GO FOR IT in one shot.
-NR bills, everything from: Every landowner (like me or any Joe Schmo with land) to get 2 tags to sell or auction off to highest NR bidder. LIKELY to return. That’s up to 70,000 more hunters!!! Iowa would get ravaged. Access would be: LONG GONE!
-LO’s get tags for NR’s that “identify as family members” (it’s a mess & they may try to clean it up but it would pull rug out from resident access in HUGE way!!)
-More Outfitter tags to sell/utilize. They will likely start with 500 & use as stepping stone to get to either unlimited or in the many thousands.
-Air bows will likely be back. Funded by Velocity that owns Ravin.
-IFC is LIKELY to push rifles this year. I might be wrong on this. This year or “soon”. Gun sales have slipped & there’s pressure to get them back up- this would do that & that’s why they would push this.
-the one guy above who wants acre amount & timeframe amount to get NR tags- MIGHT be back. NR’s I know in the thousands have said this “if they change this, I’ll buy every single 80 acre farm u can locate. It will only take 2 draw cycles and I’ll get iowa tags for LIFE!” I also know countless investors that are ready with countless millions to buy up land to resell if they think regs will get changed. Every farm in iowa will get broke into 80 acres in matter of a couple decades. Iowa is done - RESIDENTS especially are GONE if this passes. Love the NR’s - I do. But this law alone would ruin this state. We’d be far worse off than IL (which is a nightmare) as we have so much less habitat & fewer deer.

That’s about it! That I know of. Any of above can change & that’s why we are going NOW!!! To fight this NOW!!!!

***The reason above happened last year & some is returning this year:
1) until LAST YEAR- legislators didn’t hear from hunters. That changed last year & we won. Thank YOU!
2) because of only IBA (with part time lobbying) standing in their way- the masses thought last year (& this year) was the time to BUY IOWA…. Pay hundreds of thousands in lobbying to get their madness through. Last year was the worst we’ve EVER seen it. We won. They also did this because of all the “ignorant freshmen legislators elected”. Thought they could steamroll them. A few sold out- most realized how bad the special interests were!!
3) they will be back this year but they don’t realize we will have a fully funded IBA & a new Org with full time lobbyist to fight fire with fire. It’s David Vs Goliath but we are now “David with a huge stick.”
We will still need to do our emailing in this year. BUT- the bulk of work (offense & defense) will be done NOW - LITERALLY NOW!!!!! Until next April or so. It’s GO TIME!!!!!! We need your help getting ISC & IBA funded asap so we can go now!!!! Any help is appreciated…. & I’m just like u…. A dude that cares deeply & knows funding what guys have built at ISC & IBA will win this. We all need to lift a bit here & get to others to help “lift” (funding, a dollar or $1000!!). GO!!!

REMINDER ON WHERE SEND FUNDS & please get this info to “guys that care & will take action over talk!”:

1) IOWA SPORTSMAN’S CLUB- ACTION: THEY NEED TO RAISE IMMEDIATE FUNDS TO GET LOBBYIST GOING… Any amount is absolutely appreciated & will IMMEDIATELY go to work & MUST be apart of this plan. HERE'S WHERE TO SEND FUNDS & PLEASE DO!!! CRITICAL!!!....

VENMO: https://account.venmo.com/u/ISC2023

PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=3QJCNFV7G7ZXL

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/people/Iowa-Sportsmans-Club/61550648880846/?mibextid=LQQJ4d

Their website: https://cbo.io/bidapp/index.php?slug=dsciowa2024#
2) We currently need 4 more guys at $1,000. OR- 8 more guys at $500. Or 40 more guys at $100. (Can send me PM or check in with IBA on progress here. Getting a little extra funding is NOT A BAD THING EITHER!). Guys who committed, see details here & THANK YOU & here’s where anyone can send!!!!! SEND CHECK TO: Iowa Bowhunters Association, ADDRESS: IBA, Attn: Corey Thorson, Treasurer, 1648 Cordova Ave, Pella, IA 50219.
**Please put a note in there that this is going to funding our Lobbying Efforts at the Capital!
**PLEASE, anyone & everyone, make sure to join IBA!!! Year or a lifetime membership!:

Iowa Bowhunters Association :: Join IBA

The Iowa Bowhunters Association works to protect the sport of bowhunting in Iowa.
www.iowabowhunters.org

Top Bottom