The rut is still on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEBAD

The rut is still going very heavy in our area.. (West Central Iowa : Harlan) Monday the 19th in the middle of the day 1:30ish I seen two seperate instances where bucks were chasing does..not just messing around but flat out running them like a cutting horse.

I believe there are better quality deer this year and it seems that every year they are continuing to get better.

The one concern I do have is that there is going to be a large number more hunters during the firearms seasons becuase of the ease of purchasing the necessary tags. Therfore a lot more of our 1 1/2 year old inmature bucks will not make it..preventing them from getting old enough to be the monsters we all seek.

I always thought the Licsense process it kept the majority of the idiots from hunting when they had to put in for them in early.

I watched a dandy of a buck breed a doe last night not 20 yards from my stand. there was only 1 problem, I was not in that stand I decieded to hunt my other stand in that area. WRONG CHOICE !!!!!!!!! All I could do is watch with my glasses and druell... He is a big 12 pt that will push 160-165.. Maybe tonight I will pick the right stand.

Back