Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Shakes...

kmehlin

07_Deer.jpg

Thursday night had my first shooter buck come down the trail. He did everything as I had anticipated, until I had missed him. I had way underestimated his distance and put my arrow under him... At least I "airballed" him and he didn't run away more than 4 yards. Somehow in the next couple of minutes I was able to get another arrow knocked. Thus I drew back for a second time, and waited for him to come back into my shooting lane again.

But I kept waiting at full draw, and waiting, and waiting. I have my bow set at 64 lbs. and that is hard to hold for more than a minute and a half. So I had to bring the bow back to rest...that got his attention. After a couple of intense minutes he takes one more step into my lane as I draw a third time on him. This time I put the pin on him a little higher and it is a double lung shot. After some tracking and finally found my arrow 150 yards away. After finding the arrow, we'll say the tracking got a heck of a lot easier...

Way to finally come through on a nice buck! I woulda been a complete mess after going through that. I hate that feeling when ya miss but LOVE the overall rush. It's a fun game! Congrats!

hoofline.gif

Nice deer, congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like to become a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom