Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Trailer Buck 2

NWBuck

PMA Member
Some of you may remember a thread I posted last year about a buck my Dad shot out of a unique blind setup in the back of a trailer. Well...he's at it again!! The truth is, I'm pretty sure this is at least the 3rd buck to fall to the decoy and trailer blind, and I don't think Dad actually hunts anywhere else these days :D

Dad is now 78, and a number of years ago gave up the compound and tree stands for a crossbow and ground blinds. Good move!! As a reminder, here's the unique trailer blind setup, and the deadly decoy nicknamed Angus.
TB21.jpg
If I heard him correctly, a new feature of the blind this year is the addition of an electric heater courtesy of a long extension cord from the house.
TB22.jpg
Friday morning I was getting ready for work around 7:30 when I saw the caller ID on my phone show an incoming call from Dad's cell. At that time of day I had a pretty good idea what it meant, and sure enough, the decoy and liberal use of a grunt tube had brought in another good one. A solid double lunger and Dad watched the dandy 9 pointer crash after a short run.
TB23.jpg
My step mom watched the entire hunt transpire from the kitchen windows and could see the blood pouring out of him as he ran across the lawn. They had given this buck the name Uneven based on a couple of trailcam pictures they'd gotten of him earlier.
TB24.jpg
Anyway, Dad (waterman) can fill in more of the hunt details if he wants, but congrats on another outstanding buck!

NWBuck

Last edited:
Yes, I think I remember the blood trail pics from last year! :way:

Congrats and he is living the life! Hope I can continue on in his footsteps.

I remember the thread from last year and loved it - and I like it even more this year due to the success the set up has brought. Congratulations on a great hunt and quality buck!

Amazing! Pretty cool step mom got to watch it all! Congrats to your father on another dandy!

One heck of a buck, congrats to your dad! Only question, why the trailer? I missed this thread from last apparently! Is that where your dad stores the trailer all yr round?

That is awesome! I do remember last years as well! Congrats to your dad on a sweet buck!

Top Bottom