Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The wedding anniversary buck

dblmainbeam

First thing I'll say is thank you Susan for putting up with my Bow hunting addiction!! second is sorry for the Pics My camera must have been fogged over or something all the were blurry. I will post some of the european mount when its done.

Well I hunted hard all season hardly missing a night in the stand. The first week in november was a blast. I had several different bucks pass under my stand and I knew it was only a matter of time before one of the better deer I had been getting pictures of all fall(only at night) would decide to show his self in the daylight.

On November 5 I got bad news they were going to start some contruction work on the property on the 9th. I was totally bummed. Knowing they would be working from sun up to sunset I decided if any mature buck passed I would take a shot if I was given one.

Well all of a sudden its Sunday (nov.8th)My wedding anniversary day. I gave the wife the "honey would you be mad if I went huntin" line. I got the Ok. I gave her a big smack on the lips and headed out.

I got to my stand about 2:30 and almost immediatly I had a small buck pass by. That night I had four or five different bucks pass by but they were all small. With about 15 minutes of light left I saw what I thought was a good mature buck heading my way. He was about 50 yards out and walking a trail that Y's. Hes either going to come right to me or hes heading across the blacktop( My stands less then a hundred yards from the road I dont like it but its one heck of a deer highway). About the time he gets to the Y a car drives by its obviosly a hunter becauses he slamms on the brakes to take a look at the deer thats headed my way. I'm screamming in my head Noooooooooo!!!!!!. The deer stops and looks at the car. they sit there a good couple of minutes staring at him and the deer staring at them. They dont see me in the tree waving my arm yelling to my self get the heck out of here. Finally they leave so I gave him a grunt and he turned and looked my direction. About that time I look back to the blacktop to see the car turning around. I guess the passenger wanted a look. They came back and stopped. By now I 'm fuming so bad I wanted to fling an arrow at the car. I'm just about out of daylight. then he pulls away and I give one more soft grunt. He turned and looked again but about that time the same car turned around again ,I suppose to go back the direction he was heading in in the first place and stopped again for one last look. I couldn't believe it. I felt just sick. I couldn't have had 5 minutes of light left when the pulled away the last time. I watched him step into the trees. I thought for sure he headed back the direction he came from. Discusted I sat down trying asking myself what I did to deserve that. About that time I heard a branch break right under my stand. He some how walked right up to me walking through the trees on a totally different trail. He stopped and looked right up at me at about 8 yards broadside. I wasn't ready at all. Thank god another little buck walked by and he turned his long enough for me to draw. I let the arrow go and he ran less then 20 yards and piled up.

He wasnt the buck I was dreaming of but I did some hooting and hollaring!! He had a huge body, 21" inside spread and was aged at 4 1/2.

Thanks again Susan!
773-2009_bow_2.jpg

Well all of a sudden its Sunday (nov.8th)My wedding anniversary day. I gave the wife the "honey would you be mad if I went huntin" line. I got the Ok. I gave her a big smack on the lips and headed out.

For that alone...you are the man. In addition, that buck looks incredible to me. Pic is a little blurry but welcome to the club. My cellphone pics were less than adequate also. NICE JOB MAN!!

All I can think of is who the heck would get married on November 8th. WHat were you thinking man!

Nice looking deer. The guy in the car wasn’t me, I was on my vacation/hunt in N.E. Iowa :drink2:

Top Bottom