Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thermacell heated insole review

msauer933

I know this was hashed out in an earlier thread. I wanted to give a new updated opinion on the thermacell heated insoles. I got to use these, for the first time, last night on a hunt where the temperatures were in the single digits. I sat for about 2.5 hours outside of any blind or enclosure. I walked to my spot with my normal insoles in. When I got to my spot I swapped out the insoles for the thermacells. It is definitely necessary to do the swap otherwise your boots will be too tight and defeat the purpose. I should also note that I buy my cold weather boots one size big to allow for air movement. I ran the insoles on high for the entire time and my feet stayed comfortable. The insoles never for hot or even warm, my feet just didn't get cold. Like boot blankets, I would say it would be too late to warm your feet up if you put the thermacells in after your feet were frozen. I should also note that I don't think the thermacells are made to be walked on for a long distance. I walked back to the truck (300ish yds) and the thermacells are definitely too hard to be too comfy.

Overall, I would recommend these to anyone who battles cold feet like I do. We will see how long they last.

Thanks

Top Bottom