Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

They were moving Fri AM

sw outdoor nut

I had the chance to get out in the woods this morning and I seen buck after buck while driving to the stand site. One had a huge body, but I couldn't see the rack. Had a dandy 10 pointer 10 feet from the truck. Of course, I spooked a bunch of deer going into the timber, but at least I know they were up and moving around. I am in a tough spot for AM hunts, but it was worth a try. I was hoping they would be in the fields a little longer so I could make to the stand without getting busted. I was curious if anyone is having any increase in sightings since this weather has been so cool? Thanks!

The bucks are definately on their feet. I killed a 174 inch 10 point thursday morning at 7 am. This was the second time i had seen this buck on his feet in daylight this week. He was one of many deer I had pics of from this summer and was very easy to pattern. Im sure this isnt a fluke, many of the other bucks I have on camera have been visible also, so I think there will be some other big deer getting stuck soon.

THis was my first morning being in the treestand and I rattled in One around 7 or so. . He was in a group of three, which could of been a bachelor group. Though, I should of stayed in the stand alittle longer; due to the snow that is starting. I think their has definetly been more movement, compared to this time last year. More pecip. and cooler temperatures should really speed things up. Hahaha, I was thinking this morning that it almost seemed like the rut, only the corn is still up and their still leaves on the trees.

Friday afternoon the deer were really on their feet. Passed a really nice 3rd rack type buck, and had a bunch more move through during the sit. Finally decided to fill a doe tag with about 30 minutes of shooting light left and thumped an old nanny at 25 yards.

Top Bottom