Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This is crazy!

After having seen that video a year ago and also the video from Sureshot a couple of weeks ago, my son, with my encouragement, attempted just such a manuever this past weekend with a full bodied decoy equipped with a fan from a previous harvest.

Did it work you ask? It worked PERFECTLY, except for the shot! :D But the short version of the story is that a mature tom totally went for the fake out stalk and should have been stone dead at 10-12 yards. While the turkey survived, my son has a memory of that big bird stalking him that he will likely never forget. :D

I was about 100 yards away from the scene, but could see everything well. It was quite the sight, I wish I had the video camera running at the time, but I did not. I would never try it where other hunters may possibly be present, but we were in the middle of our own timber and felt pretty safe there.

My hunting partner and I did this this morning and brought a bird from 1000 yards out. No joke! We ranged it : ) our first set up went bust and there was birds way out in the field so we figures mine as well use the fan and crawl behind it... Second time I have tried this. First time I missed because the bird attacked me like the video and I lost my cool : p this time I sealed the deal. I'll tell ya it works! And it is a rush like no other! Give it a try. Sometimes you got nothing to loose!

Top Bottom