Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This is odd.

NEIOWAARCHER

I was reading in another forum, about a guy argueing (SP) that a Iowa resident can sell his deer tag to a Non-resident or anyone for that matter. I find it far fetched. And I know the rules and regs state that you can't carry someone elses tag with you when you hunt. Has anyone heard of this or know of this? I would have to see it in the rule book to believe it. I think what he's trying to say is that you can sell your rights to your tag, and someone can put it in there name. I disagree.

I also have read this dont know if same site but in Iowa you have to shoot your own animal unless during shotgun hunting and you must tag it with your tag. So I would have to say that is just what it sounds like a rumor.

I have heard Landowners can let someone shoot the animal for them as long as they go and tag that animal. Dont know if that is true either.

That isn't legal.

I talked to a CO the other night about non-residents buying antlerless tags and then party hunting with a resident, using the residents any sex shotgun tag for a buck. Though legal now, from what he said, I think we will see changes down the road. Basically, if you are a landowner and lease your property, then provide your non-resident leaser with your resident any sex tags, aren't you selling the tag? It's a thin line, which might become a wall.

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard Landowners can let someone shoot the animal for them as long as they go and tag that animal. Dont know if that is true either.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are time limits to contact the tag holder and have them get their tag on the animal. Really, the tag holder should be actively hunting, not sitting in the house waiting for a cell phone call. Another area that gets abused, IMO.

I C, It doesn't matter to me I just wanted to clear up what this guy was saying. There does appear to be some loopholes, but not exactly what this guy was trying to say could be done.

This is another unfortunate situation created by the "party hunting" system. In states where party hunting is not allowed (this one included), tags are non-transferrable. No if's, an's or but's.

[ QUOTE ]
It's a thin line, which might become a wall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gosh I hope so...and soon!
crazy.gif

No one can just "give or sell" tags to anyone. In the party hunting situation all the tags used must have owners to which they were issued... present.

Of course it's being terribly abused so let's hope that change is on the way
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom