Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This Weekend

L

Littlefeather

I don't have a lot of experience hunting early in the season. I have to go about 2.5 hours one way, there are no crops on the land I hunt and most of the crops in the area are still in. With the forecast for this weekend, would this be a good one to stay home and get some things done?

Yes...I would say so. The middle of October is the worst in my opinion. Team that with the warmer weather and this would be a good weekend to finish up some chores around the house.

I'm not saying someone won't connect this weekend...But I would save my best spots for late October.
waytogo.gif

You mentioned not having any crops. I have tons of crops in my area but the deer have been off them for a couple weeks.They are hammering the acorns. Last sunday morning I seen 11 different bucks in the oaks. 2 were still on their feet at 10:30.The forcast doesn't look too promising but if you have any acorns I'd be hunting them. Good luck!

I may go sit on some public and see if the Muzzleloaders push one by. Should I wear orange?

Yep they are in the acorns pretty thick, have seen 2 nice bucks in the last 3 days in the acorns, the warm weather may turn that off though.

Danno you won't catch me on state ground when people have firearms without orange, I mean I have a lot of trust in hunters, but then again their are gonna be some out there that just don't know what the hell they are doing.

I'm going out Saturday morning to finish a little business I have with some rackless deer. It's a great time to get out and do your duty as a bowhunter and take a doe or two. It's great for your deep freeze, herd managment, and to work out any kinks before buckzilla shows his face in a few weeks. You never know, big daddy might make an appearance. Judging from this site, a few brutes were taken last weekend. Buy a doe tag and have some fun.

I decided to go anywhy. Hoping to see a fat doe and get the knife bloody.

Little feather your from Iowa falls area? Why do you have to drive 2 1/2 hours to hunt?????????????? You have great hunting all around you. Sorry just curious??

My uncle has two farms in NE Iowa between Waukon and Decorah. It's pretty good ground and we have a cabin built in a pole shed that we stay in. I don't have any local land to hunt anyway.

I will be out there the whole weekend. Warm or cold, I love sitting out in a tree. I've got a doe tag too, so hopefully I'll bag something. My freezer is 1/2 full with the button buck I shot, so one more will do the job. Then it's time to get really serious.

Top Bottom