Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This Weekend

Sitting in a ground blind as I post this. Man is it hot. Checked the card from my cam when I got here and most activity is 6-7 a.m. It did show my target buck walking by my blind 10 yards away a couple nights ago! Hopefully he'll wander by tonight or at least maybe I can fill a doe tag. Hope this post works, my first time trying from mobile app. It's 5pm but I don't thinking the time on the post shows up correctly.

Last edited:
last night was a sweaty walk, and an unproductive sit as far as any shooter bucks.. the worst part was it never really cooled off over night even as it was still plenty warm this morning

last night was a sweaty walk, and an unproductive sit as far as any shooter bucks.. the worst part was it never really cooled off over night even as it was still plenty warm this morning

Yeah, I think it bums me out more to open the door at 4:45am and have it feel balmy than it does to sweat walking to my afternoon sit. My hunting partner did have a shooter at under 20yards last night though... if ya get close enough with out spooking them it is still possible....

Adventure said:
My brother and I will be heading out this afternoon for a long evening sit/ filming (3-7pm). Although it may not be productive in seeing large deer due to our tropical heatwave, it will sure be nice to get out in the woods and a beautiful day. I have a buck, doe, and turkey tag this season and have high hopes of filling one of them tonight (or taking one of the dozens of coyotes on the farm).

Hot, windy, not a sign of anything other than bees and flies...doesn't help that the landowner showed up under our stand with fourwheeler and trailer in tow at 6pm

Went out yesterday morning and the only thing moving was some Asian guy trespassing through the property wearing a polo shirt and khaki pants, squirrel hunting. I'm guessing he's looking for a new pair of khaki pants today. I'm fairly confindent he soiled the other ones!

Went out yesterday morning and the only thing moving was some Asian guy trespassing through the property wearing a polo shirt and khaki pants, squirrel hunting. I'm guessing he's looking for a new pair of khaki pants today. I'm fairly confindent he soiled the other ones!

I wish you had trail cam picks!

Could you please elaborate...that is funny!

I pray , then cross my fingers before i pull up three different weather sites every morning.. i may have issues..

I haven't been out yet and it's killing me. Next weekend looks like the ticket to me. Hoping it cools down a bit though.

Top Bottom