Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This weekends cold front

JUNIOR

Opinions on when to hunt the cold front this weekend, before/after? Also where to sit, food/cover/transition?

I'm not much for mornings in the early season. And I also like to stick to food plots this time of year to avoid contaminating the woods too soon. Or hunt the edges at least. I will most likely be sitting atop the grandstand at Kansas Speedway watching them race cars go round and round. Yee yee!!

I'll be in a hot stand...in my sweats probably eating some pizza and wings and drinking some brewskies. Hot stand of course is my couch watching football.

Seriously though I may hunt Sunday afternoon. Looks like the weather will be right and I'll have a good wind for one of my fool proof slickhead spots. Some would call it a transition spot but I just say its a spot I usually whack a doe. I'll see what I feel like doing after church.

Sunday morning is what I am betting on.......even though I will be sitting at home watching kids.

Gonna try it Saturday afternoon if the rain lets up. Sunday I'll be haulin the moo juice so maybe with the truck but not out of the stand

If the radar looks decent in the am I will be out there for sure! My hope is this rain will have them pretty well hunkered down for the day today and with the cold setting in tonight they will be busy tomorrow morning. Good theory but it probably won't work that way.

Sunday morning will be the ticket. Not for me, but some lucky hunter. After getting dumped on for 2 days and the huge temp change bucks will be out.

Im going to kayak into some public sunday morning and throw a stand up right smack dab in the middle of their bedding area and try to catch one coming in to bed.. if i can get a good wind, it could be awesome!

Top Bottom