Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on Deer

nosna

I have quite a unique deer running around on my farm this year. Last year he was on the top of the hit list, not for size, but for age. We found both of "longmire's" sheds mid January. Not sure if he made it through the winter/summer, I was eager to see him show. Now, his rack is much different this year, but I am pretty certain this is the same deer. His body is a little smaller this year, and his rack is not huge, but, none the less, a neat looking deer that will get one of my tags this year if given the opportunity. What are your thoughts

Last year:

This year:(dates/times off)

Wow, that is a wild left side there...hopefully he doesn't tear it off, I would imagine that would be a real "brush catcher".

Looks like he broke his left side early on in the development phase. I've got a bunch of pix of a buck with a similar antler (albeit much smaller). He's a real "camera ham" so I've been able to follow him all summer from very early on when there was still blood on his face from the original injury.

Top Bottom