Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on Fanning? (PIC Heavy)

Daver, I think the Oscillating fan would better used on the ocellated turkey in the Yucatan Pennisula :D

My thoughts exactly. Daver, when I get a chance to pull a fan trick, I HAVE GOT to get me one like that!

Guys, I have to warn you though...I have heard that this fanning technique can be very dangerous...be careful when using my fan configuration that while sneaking up on a turkey, especially on public ground, that you DO NOT stick your fingers through the grille. It is really hard on your finger tips and nails polish I have found.

Couple of things,

651: Hidey Ho good neighbor! (Hint: Tool Time)

Daver: Be careful using your fan in the heavy dew or rain. You could get the shock of a life time. How many extension cords can you string together before the voltage drops too much to run the fan? If that strutter is hung up in the middle of a section you could be draggin a ton of copper.

Picked this rig up for 10 bucks at scheels going to give it a try.

null_zps189c2d74.jpg

Bowtech... I would cut the head out of that one and place it on a real fan. I think you'll like the results a little more :way: I haven't heard of many guys having much luck doing this with the fake dekes. Although it may work for you. Good luck.

Bowtech... I would cut the head out of that one and place it on a real fan. I think you'll like the results a little more :way: I haven't heard of many guys having much luck doing this with the fake dekes. Although it may work for you. Good luck.

Huh? I was told all I needed was a piece of cardboard to cut out and paint "brown".:rolleyes:

Huh? I was told all I needed was a piece of cardboard to cut out and paint "brown".:rolleyes:

Hell, I've cut it down to one feather on a toothpick, easier to carry. Defintely no skill involved in turkey hunting unless you sit in a blind and call them in :rolleyes:

Brown????? All the turkeys I kill are white, they don't usually care what I stalk up on them with when they're hangin upside down.

I had big plans of using a real fan. I had the fan of the one I shot a couple weeks ago drying in the garage and I came home from work and found that my dog got ahold of it. I will see what I can come up with.

I had big plans of using a real fan. I had the fan of the one I shot a couple weeks ago drying in the garage and I came home from work and found that my dog got ahold of it. I will see what I can come up with.

That does suck. Last week I left my truck window down and a cat got in and destroyed one of my fans. What a mess.

Last edited:
6x6, I got two in the freezer. I can set you up chop, chop. Anything for team old balls!

I'm in iowa city 5 days a week. I've got a jake fan in the freezer. One on a stutter decoy that I'm taking off and I have no idea how many gobbler fans. If anybody really needs one I could give up a few

Top Bottom