Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

thoughts on shot

livetohunt

I shot at one tonight. He ran about 80 and disappeared into the timber. I then heard two loud sounds that I can best describe as gurgling/snorting. I looked for blood and searched the corner of the timber but it was so foggyand dark I could only see about ten feet. On my way out of thetimber I did hear a bunch of coyotes going crazy about 300 yards away. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Definitely look tomorrow. In my experience coyotes usually leave em alone overnight

Lucky you

I lost a doe this year 90 minutes later. We walked up within 10 yards of them feeding. If you heard a pack cut in its probably on your deer. At this point just go back in the morning because going now he's still ruined.

Did you find him? Coyotes are fast. I've seen deer already have chewed up after being down a little more than an hour. They can smell them right away so theres no way they'd leave them over night if they are in the area. It's like free food being handed out in a store, cannot be resisted.

Yup, I lost s whole small doe to a pack of yotes in under an hour couple years ago. Gave her the time I give every deer when I don't see it go down and went to get lights and meet my bud. Nothing but hide bone head and guts and that was in town.

I walked ten yards from him that night in the fog and dark. He only ran about 70 yards from were I shot him. Double lung shot.

Top Bottom