Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Three days of muzzle hunting

Danno

PMA Member
Well I've been out in several spots both mornings and evenings the last 3 days. Hunted all day for two of the days. I saw deer each time I had been out in the mornings and evenings. Does and fawns, lots of does and fawns, and yearling bucks. The only older buck was a 2 year old I kicked out of the CRP at noon. I'm saving my doe tag so I don't have to process deer when I could be hunting. The question is where are the bucks? I've been told to be patient they will follow, but I haven't been seeing the does in the evenings until it there is barely shooting life left. I've tried some rattling, grunting, even the estrus can. I think it's just running everything away right now. Going back to work today to regroup. Hope you all are having success.

Hey Danno, I hunted Sat. morning and Sun. evening with the muzzleloader here in SE Ia. Same results as you, lots of does and yearlings and a few young bucks. Big rubs and scrapes all tore up but the big boys are still nocturnal around here. Hope this weekend is better. Good luck.

We have that problem here in Fl just prior to the rut. I think they are conserving energy prior to that mad dash for the ladies. Then all heck broke loose and saw an average of 2-3 bucks per doe in the woods. It was awesome...

Top Bottom