Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Three Toes & Longbows

Shovelbuck

Nope.....no harvest photo, but a little story.;)

Last week I had given HCH a hard time about hauling in all his gear. I've got to say, I don't see how you guys do it all the time. It's a lot of work! One thing good came from it though, it got me thinking that I need to bowhunt a turkey again as I haven't for several years. So I figured I may as well haul a blind, decoys, and stool into the woods and give it a go.:way:

DSCN1480-Copy.jpg

Sort of made me feel that I'd gone over to the dark side by hauling in a blind and decoys, but since I'm using my "modern", Sequoia longbow, instead of my osage selfbow, it was ok.;)

DSCN1494copy.jpg

Anyway, long story short, I did call in a group of about 16 birds from across the river. Unfortunately, there wasn't an adult tom in the bunch, so I ended up counting coup on half a dozen jakes. Just didn't feel like shooting one that morning. All in all, it was a good hunt, as it was only the second time I've called turkeys in from across a wide river. That just doesn't happen very often.:way:

As a side note, here's the head I'm using........
DCP_0034-Copy.jpg

180 grain Tusker Aztek. I've shot a couple birds with these through the years and they are wicked!!!

Last edited:
According to the Outdoor Channel you Cro-Magnon men use Rage Broad heads and Scent Away to harvest your supper. :)

Yup!! I have shot a few with a Zwickey 2 blade ! And yea a longbow an recurve! All did the job!! Zwickey has done the job as well or better than anything I 've used since! Do what we do!!!!!!! :way:

Top Bottom