Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Throw & Gro by Evolved

Take a look at the back label where the seed(s) contents are listed. (I believe there are labeling laws that mandate that the contents be fully divulged and their respective ratios.)

Then price out the same from a local seed/feed store and I am pretty sure you will then have some of your own thoughts. :grin:

In other words, I have not used it and I am sure it is fine stuff, but you can most likely find and plant the same stuff for a fraction of the price. In a pinch, I too have planted some "store bought" seed, and had good results with it, it's just that I have had just as good of results with seed from a seed store at 1/5 the cost, etc.

If this is the stuff with a bunch of rye GRASS in it stay away from it. Its 85% rye GRASS, 5% turnips, 5% red clover, 5% white clover and the rest is weed seed.

Treeclimber,

See that you already have a plot in but just wanted to say I have used the throw n grow with different results throughout the year. The first year I went in and put it in and everything grew to be about 1.5' tall. However, same spot as the last year I planted it again with lack of a better word "crappy" results. I know that Biologic and/or Imperial does makes a blend meant for places where heavy equipment cant get to, just forgot the name of the blend. Good luck with your plot this year and throughout the season!

Treeclimber,

See that you already have a plot in but just wanted to say I have used the throw n grow with different results throughout the year. The first year I went in and put it in and everything grew to be about 1.5' tall. However, same spot as the last year I planted it again with lack of a better word "crappy" results. I know that Biologic and/or Imperial does makes a blend meant for places where heavy equipment cant get to, just forgot the name of the blend. Good luck with your plot this year and throughout the season!

Thanks. I dont have one in this year, but I think that I found a spot in the timber that gets about 1/3 to 1/2 a day of sunlight a day that I can get a tiller into & then hand broadcast some seed into. Thanks for your input on this.

Treeclimber,

If you can get a tiller into the area you should be good to go. Just make sure after you till the area to even it all out and after you seed, drag the plot so the seed is covered by a 1/4" of dirt or so. Then all you need to do is a rain dance and hope your plot gets a good soaking.:way:

Top Bottom