Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thumb style release

Buzz

Thinking of trying a thumb style release for hunting. Shooting a wrist strap release has been bothering my wrist lately. I want to be able to clip it to my d-loop and leave it there until I draw the bow. Some are high priced and then there are the less expensive Tru Balls and Tru Fires that seem to get good reviews. Any advice?

Try to shoot a bunch of them before buying one. They all feel and fit differently.

well you're no help at all :thrwrck: :moon: :D

The Pro Diamond and Pro Diamond Extreme from Tru Ball are both good releases. You can hang them on your D loop and leave them when hunting. I shoot the Boss X with the clicker and love it, but you have to be careful not to bump it when you are hunting. Carter makes a really good handle as well. I would recommend getting the 4 finger style over the 3, unless you are strictly target shooting. JakeWym is right about "try before you buy", but this can be hard, because most archery shops don't carry these or if they do it won't be a very good variety. Good luck.

I shoot a STAN and love it. I have the Shootoff Quatro. It has a ton of adjust-ability and doesn't use springs, therefore no springs to swap out. You adjust everything with allen screws which is super easy and nice.

I shoot the TRUBall Pro Diamond and LOVE IT. Making the switch from a caliper to knuckle has improved my shooting drastically... You won't regret it!

I shoot the tru ball pro diamond and like it also. It's maybe not the more precise release (back tension or other) that you'd use for 3-D but works perfectly for hunting. I've been using one since 2006. It helps alot being able to have it in my pocket climbing my tree, then clip it on the D loop when Im set up.

Carter Chocolate Addiction-4 finger. Takes a little adjusting to, but I would hate to switch back now. If you have the time to watch the AT classified section you can pick almost any release up for a good price, and if you don't like it resell it.

I have a Carter Target 4 and really like it. I've had the Insatiable but didn't care for the swept back design. Also tried the Chocolate Addiction but was too big and couldn't get used to the size of it. Also had the Boss X and it is a great release. Much better than the Pro Diamond. Yes, I've tried a few and I prefer either the Boss X if going with TruBall or the Target 4 from Carter.

Top Bottom