Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thump'd a Good'n

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
This is the buck that I have been chasing for the last week or so. He was hanging out with a couple of nice 8's. I watched him before season and have been playing cat and mouse with him since opener.

Long story short, all the does filtered out, and this guy was the last deer to enter the field. He stood at 15 yards where I could not shoot him for nearly ten minutes. Licking his nose and just watching. He was dead down wind of me and I was beating myself up for being in the stand with a questionable wind and was sure I was caught. He walked out to the 4th row in the corn and turned right at me. He stopped and just stood there agian, another minute or two went by. If he would keep in the corn coming towards me, he would pass at 8 yards and I could not shoot him where he was at due to all the branches. So a fawn started running in the field bleating and he turned back to go towards her away from me, as he did I drew which he heard and took a few quick steps and stopped. I dropped to a knee, found a hole in the crap and let it rip.

576504_4605709618979_1393169605_n.jpg

I wish I had a better picture to show his body size.

fatdeer.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom