Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ticks have awoke!

loneranger

I was out in the woods looking for sheds yesterday, and when I got home I felt something on my wrist,,and you guessed it,,,a tick. This was in SouthEast IA. So it is a sure sign of spring. The Ticks are awakening!

After moving here from MI,,where ticks were non-exsistent, I got used to the idea of tiny creatures crawling around on me searching for a place to suck blood. My waders seem to keep them mostly at bay. But the chiggers,,actually microscopic ticks,,are another thing. You can't see them and they leave large welts that itch forever. I have tried every protection and insecticide, even the skin-so-soft oil, which does help some, but I still get bites. These are truly creatures from HELL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the chiggers,,actually microscopic ticks,,are another thing. You can't see them and they leave large welts that itch forever. I have tried every protection and insecticide, even the skin-so-soft oil, which does help some, but I still get bites. These are truly creatures from HELL! </div></div>

I'll take ticks any day...no biggie, pick em off or dig em out but at least I can find the dang things.

Chiggars though are pure misery...how can you fight something you can't see.

Cripe...I was having a good day until you reminded me of those miserable things... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sounds crazy but waders do help. Ticks will not crawl up the rubber, nor will chiggers. You still can get aireal attacks however.

we need to nuk um!!, to early for those things. if their out now, theyll be worse come turkey season, damn!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9Popes1Booner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God I hate those things. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shredder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PERMANONE time </div></div>

You are so right there Shredder. That stuff works great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Permanone repel Chiggers as well??? And.....where can I find it locally?? </div></div>

I would think so! It's strong stuff! You should be able to find it in the camping section at Walmart. Repel makes it. Here is what it looks like.

Permanone.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we need to nuk um!!, to early for those things. if their out now, theyll be worse come turkey season, damn!
</div></div>

Ticks, cockroaches and coyotes would still be here after an A bomb. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Not sure about the permanone but the one and only thing that I have found to repel chiggers is absorbing junior, and yes I know it is a muscle relaxer but someone told me about this crap a few years back and I have been chigger free ever since, and i got them bad a few times that year. Put it around your ankles and on the back of your neck and it will help repel the chiggers and the nats if they are out.

As far as the ticks go, I haven't found anything that helps. If you truly want to keep them off of you take me with you in the woods, I am a freakin magnent for those things, just ask Muddy.

Kratz

Top Bottom