Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

timber or fields?

patch86

Where is all the action going on fellas? Timber or fields?. I'm at a lose of where to sit tomorrow. I got a good creek bottom stand and a couple nice cut corn field stands.

I've been having plenty of action all day in the timber. 11 bucks 5 does so far today.

Mobile Cooter using IW

A budy of mine has been seein a crazy amount of deer on timber river bottoms, but i was on a bean field/cow pasture and had 2 bucks walk through, not going to the beans though.

I have one stand set down on a creek bottom. Haven't sat in it for about a week. I love field edges but thinking timber is the way to go.

that answers my question i need to be in the timber but on have stands on field edges to late to move one?

I have a couple stands on river bottom of the little cedar and have been seeing a good amount of action there. This weekend I had good buck movement saturday afternoon and sunday morning.

I assume he means starting a thread. Cody, at the initial thread screen, above the top "sticky" thread is a "start thread" icon. Click on that to post your question.

Ok so here is a dilemma Sunday i went out. Come to find out a couple of guys were riding atvs through the timber i hunt i have my stands set on field edges now thwarting deer have broke there pattern i have one close to a funnel but they are still coming out nowhere close should i try to move a stand in the timber or is it pretty much worthless timber now

I would have my treestand on the funnel. Bucks are cruising so I would think yes at the time the ATV's probably pushed the deer around but I would still hunt it unless you have a better spot.

Place I hunt the neighbor rides a ATV on his other property and the deer don't seem to mind to much. I have seen him do some stuff that drives me crazy but am still seeing bucks cruising through his place right after he leaves.

yeah after thinking about it i'm going to leave my stands where they are. dont want to pressure the woods to much with the atvs in there if anything i can sit in the bottom plenty of cover. i've let it sit for a couple of days now so just maybe tomarrow will be the day

Top Bottom