Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Time for some pigs!

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Finally its time to head south for a little hog hunting! This is the first time for the wife and I, but we are going with a group that has been going for years! We leave at noon today, so we should roll in to southern Arkansas about mid night.

We will do a little spot and stalk durning the day and set up on a feeder at night. This is the wife's first hunt of any kind with her bow. She has been shooting 3d with me for two years and I think she is ready. My goal is to get her a good eater, about 150 pounder, then I will worry about getting me one.

Hope to post pictures here soon!!!

Good luck! Do you go through an outfitter? Or is it a diy? If you do use an outfitter whats the ballpark price for doing something like that? It sounds fun.

We are going through an outfitter. I am thinking its going to cost about $500 for lodging and hunting. I can let you know exactly what it cost when we get back. The guy traps pigs all over and releases them in his 500 acre fenced area! Kind of cheating, but its pigs who cares!

Had a great time this weekend hunting hogs. Although different style of hunting it was a blast. I shot my first hog on the move at 30 yrds. I Hit him a little back. Then I guess I told the wife. I going to get that pig and ran after him. Got a second arrow in him at 40 yrds running straight away and hit him in the nuts through his body and just poked out the chest. Kept chasing him and was able to get a 3rd arrow at 30 yrds and all 3 arrows ended up being kill shots. I chased him just over 200 yrds. Cant wait until next year.

The wife shot one at 40 yards but caught the shoulder and had very little penetration. We tracked it until blood ran out. So that counts as her one hog, because through the outfitter if you draw blood then it counts as your pig. We bought we paid for another one for her and never got the chance.

I got my second hog with 2 hours of our hunt left. We got a half dozen cornered and I was trying to get them to go past Laura, so she could get a shot. Well the ones that did where on the run and she WONT take a shot at a moving animal! Proud of here for that. Me on the other had went a head and took a 20 yard shoot at a runner and hit her a touch back but got lungs and she ran about 75 yards and tipped over!

The boar weighed right at 250 and the little pork chop was about 100. Great time and we will be back!!!

Had a great time this weekend hunting hogs. Although different style of hunting it was a blast. I shot my first hog on the move at 30 yrds. I Hit him a little back. Then I guess I told the wife. I going to get that pig and ran after him. Got a second arrow in him at 40 yrds running straight away and hit him in the nuts through his body and just poked out the chest. Kept chasing him and was able to get a 3rd arrow at 30 yrds and all 3 arrows ended up being kill shots. I chased him just over 200 yrds. Cant wait until next year.

The wife shot one at 40 yards but caught the shoulder and had very little penetration. We tracked it until blood ran out. So that counts as her one hog, because through the outfitter if you draw blood then it counts as your pig. We bought we paid for another one for her and never got the chance.

I got my second hog with 2 hours of our hunt left. We got a half dozen cornered and I was trying to get them to go past Laura, so she could get a shot. Well the ones that did where on the run and she WONT take a shot at a moving animal! Proud of here for that. Me on the other had went a head and took a 20 yard shoot at a runner and hit her a touch back but got lungs and she ran about 75 yards and tipped over!

The boar weighed right at 250 and the little pork chop was about 100. Great time and we will be back!!!

Pics or it didn't happen!!:D

Great story! It sounds like a blast. I definitely want to stick a hog with my bow!

Tell us about your setup. What did you use to get a Texas heart shot on that hog? Broad head? Arrow? Draw weight? Details man, details!

We didn't take any pictures of the little peon chop. We only had limited time left to find one for the wife.

ForumRunner_20140209_135219.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen!!:D

Great story! It sounds like a blast. I definitely want to stick a hog with my bow!

Tell us about your setup. What did you use to get a Texas heart shot on that hog? Broad head? Arrow? Draw weight? Details man, details!

Just a simple 2013 Hoyt! With a Easton Axes with a total weight of 425 grains, tipped with a 100 grain Montec. Set a 28 inches and 70 pounds. The outfitter was impressed with the penetration. We pull it the arrow out the rest of the way and cleaned it up and used it to shoot my little pork chop!

Top Bottom