Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Time for The Orange Army to hit the Timber

Not only the habitat stamp, but those guys that just go to Walmart and buy deer tags without purchasing a license with it. Thinking they have outsmart the system until the DNR rolls along. Talked with my local CO at the law center today-- advised he ran across a 6 man group, all with deer tags AND doe tags. Notta one with an Iowa hunting license and habitat fee... and that's where all of our doe tags go.. no wonder they sell out quick. These guys buy doe tags and think they can outsmart the system. Makes you wonder how many of these guys actually get busted.

That's a new one I haven't heard before. That's pretty dumb the system will even allow someone to buy a tag without a license...

dnr everywhere!:) Never seen either of them so thick! On a serious note - a guy in our group got a ticket for not having a habitat stamp? We didn't even know it was possible to buy a hunting license and not get a habitat stamp? Why would the sell hunting license without it? Double check your license fellas.
Yup, got checked Saturday evening back at the vehicle. We must have all the necessary licenses/stamps as the CO checked it all and sent us on our way.

How is that even a thing... buying a tag without a license? Shouldn't there be something on the computer system that blocks a person from buying a tag without a license?? Makes no sense to me.

It's all a money grab ...

Is it? I would rather not think our IDNR is so conniving....but it could very well be. I will say I did this exact thing last year by accident. I would have bet the farm that I had purchased a hunting fishing combo in the spring, so in the fall I bought my tags (at WalMart) and left the store. Got home and pulled my stuff out and had only a fishing. I'm no computer programmer but that has to be a simple thing to install a red flag for the vendor to see when items needed haven't been purchased. My 23 cents.

Well there are certain people who are listed in the regs who don't need a hunting license or habitat stamp to buy a deer tag in their name, what do you about those if the system won't let them buy a tag? It's right in the hunting regs what you need to hunt deer in Iowa so pretty hard to blame others if you're not paying attention when you buy your license. If you ask the person behind the counter to give you 4 boxes of 2 3/4" 12 gauge slugs, do you check to see if they gave you 2 3/4" or 3" slugs or just take their word on it because they're the sales person?

Well there are certain people who are listed in the regs who don't need a hunting license or habitat stamp to buy a deer tag in their name, what do you about those if the system won't let them buy a tag? It's right in the hunting regs what you need to hunt deer in Iowa so pretty hard to blame others if you're not paying attention when you buy your license. If you ask the person behind the counter to give you 4 boxes of 2 3/4" 12 gauge slugs, do you check to see if they gave you 2 3/4" or 3" slugs or just take their word on it because they're the sales person?
I hear ya.....you are responsible to purchase whatever it is you need. But if I go get paint for my house, a good salesman wil ask me if I need brushes, rollers and paint pan. Since Walmart will not have revenue minded people, they should simply have a question prompt within the system.....if they were truly interested in everyone being legal....

When I sold licenses for Walmart back in the day you had to hand write them out and they apply the habitat sticker to the back... Once they went to the electronic printers and different licenses I don't even know if I have seen the habit fee on mine...... Looking at my license it looks as it's automatic, 13.00 habitat fee.... I don't know how anyone could screw up on a license.

Back in the day, I alway looked forward to seeing the new habitat stamp each year!! Same goes for the trout stamp. How long ago was that? I can't remember

Back in the day, I alway looked forward to seeing the new habitat stamp each year!! Same goes for the trout stamp. How long ago was that? I can't remember
Same here. You barely had enough room on the back if you also had the federal and state duck stamps also.

• Deleted by Thinkin Rut
Show…
That's a new one I haven't heard before. That's pretty dumb the system will even allow someone to buy a tag without a license...

Yeah I told the CO it was kinda crappy for the habitat stamp gig -- but the buying tags without a license is a crock. He said he understands the habitat because the walmart employee forgot it (he said we as hunters are responsible for making sure we have all of our tags tho), but buying tags without licenses, and to boot, knowingly doing this. He said he called other COs and they wrote for everything they can. That's next to poaching, except they did buy the tag to hunt, just not the right (license) to hunt. A person who knowingly does that deserves the tickets in my book!!

We all know anything can and will happen at Walmart.
Ignorance is no excuse for the law!

Top Bottom