Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tipped over a big one!

Goat that is!
What a hunt today, this guy had about 25-30 does in his harem. I made a 1 1/2 mile stalk around the backside of them as they fed along a hillside. Popped up the decoy, they were about 85 yds away and here he came full bore! Oh did I mention I had just watched him run off a smaller buck, this was the perfect setup! I had my single pin set at 40 yds, so I counted in my head 70, 60, 50..I dropped the decoy and drew at the same time kinda I think! He slowed and turned broadside walking thinking, now what the heck??? And that was when I let loose with my arrow. That mechanical broadhead I shoot rips a big hole in them. He made a 150 yard death run circle in front of the girls and tipped over! I left him lay and ran into town to get my little guy out of school to come help me field dress him and haul him home.
Before I left for work I threw the tape on him quick and he grew a little from what I thought he'd go "that's always nice!" I had right at 16.5" high and 16" wide, my best goat to date! Scored him at 81 4/8"
Good luck this fall!
cell photo
Chads2008buck.jpg

Little guy checking him out
wesemail.jpg

chads2008goat012email.jpg

hoofline.gif

A 16 inch antelope is a good one, congrats he is a dandy. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>>Details Here!<<<<< Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

Awesome Goat, and the fact that you went and got your boy out of school to came and be part of it outstanding /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom