Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

To "Rattle them In", Photo posting ?

Rackaddict

Life Member
Rattle them in, I asked this same question on the PMA conference last week and here is what they posted:

To start, most everyone is using a family camera to take hunting pics, 35mm if you will. You taking your photo's to the grocery store or a 1 hour photo place to get developed. When you get them back the fun part is showing your friends and fellow members on Iowa Whitetail.

Whether you use a 35mm camera or digital you need to save your photos as electronic files. If you scan them the software you use is setup to save them as JPEG's, GIF's or TIF files. Try to save them as JPEG's and make sure you set the DPI ( dots per inch ) at 72 DPI. Most stuff comes in here at 150 DPI which is fine as well, it just takes forever to load so everyone can look at.

The next step is the size, the physical dimensions that you want your photo to be. Most photo's we post are 400 x 300 pixels, but have changed recently to 500 x 400 just to make them a shade bigger.

Now remember all the above information is done way before you try to send to us or post yourself. This is what it will look like in the Conference, and what everyone will see.

So you have saved your file as a JPEG, it is all the right sizes in dimension and resolution. Now how to get it to show up in the Conference?

No matter what your photo has to be attached to a web address to be able to post. If you don't own a website or don't store photo's on Hunting Photo's.com you need to use something. This is where the UPLOAD function comes in.

Go back to the Home Page and look up in the RH corner, click on UPLOAD. Now, put in your name and e-mail address and anything you wanted added ( text ) to the pic. Click on BROWSE and find the pic ( file ), we always save our stuff on our desktop. Find the file click on it, the file will fill in the blank and then click on SUBMIT.

Now, depending on the size of the file the photo will show up soon. Once you see the photo, put your mouse arrow over the pic and RIGHT CLICK. A window will open, go down to PROPERTIES and click on it. Another window will open and you will see a URL, something like iowawhitetail.com/upics/yourphoto.jpg. COPY and PASTE that to your TOPIC page in the Conference - Use the IMAGE button and COPY/PASTE the URL to it in there, that will put the little image brackets in front

Try this, RIGHT CLICK on any image in the Conference, click on PROPERTIES and you will see the URL/File that make the photo show-up.

I know this seems hard but as time goes on it will come to you, try a few and see what happens!

PS, you can always send us the JPEG and we can post for you

Thanks for the info but I can't get it to work, operator error I'm sure, I just uploaded to Iowa Whitetail and will let them post it.

oldgene,
I don't think it was operator error, I uploaded mine as well and can't seem to find it either. However I think they wait until they get several photos and do them all at once. Just my guess.

Nonres

Maybe I can help . . . what was the name of the jpeg file you downloaded on the site?

Once the image has been downloaded on the site it is assigned an address/location of the file. The name of the address begins with "http://www.iowawhitetail.com/upics/???", the ???? represent the name of the file you have downloaded.

Let's assume the name may have been "oldgenedeer.jpg". If this is the case you would enter the address while adding a little code as referenced "
" , quotes are not needed.

Here is an example that would work minus the quotes (") and spaces..

"
url]
"

Let me know if I can help further.

Thank you,

OneCam

I think this is the one.

oldgene wrote:

Got this eight point on opening day, hadn't seen anything all morning
except the 8 point my nephew had in the back of his truck. This guy and
his twin where following a large group of does.

Gene2

Nice Buck!

OneCam

Thanks for all your help guys. I finally figured it out! Can you experts make this my avatar somehow.
grin.gif
fieldpic.jpg

Onecam - If you could post my picture by my member number I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help. I may figure this out yet.

Top Bottom